Minecraft Abandoned minecraft server

supersnipergirl

Hello fellow Minecrafters,

I do not think i am the only one here who has noticed that the FA Minecraft server hasn't been doing too well lately. 

In meanwhile we have been playing on other servers and i am here to explain why i think that is and what i think we can do about it, because i would really like too see the Minecraft server alive again, with lots of new members of course  :)

First of all i think we got tired of it because its cluttered, we have some awesome buildings and you all have made some awesome stuff. 

But i mean when you get to the spawn its one building after another, its like spawning in a maze, and its no fun to start survival-ling this way. 

We should make it that people can only build when they are like 2000 blocks away from the spawn or something.

No big buildings or shovel or food dispensers in the spawn and no portals.

Let people SURVIVE that's what makes it interesting. 

Second, we admins ( and i mean all of us including me) have been playing in creative mode A LOT if not ALL of the time and that really is just not ok in a survival server.

It takes the fun out of it for us as well as for new people who come and play on the server. 

I think we should be able to moderate but only for good reasons like when we need to kick or warn.

Third, the constant spamming of messages in the chat by the server are really annoying and nobody enjoys them.

Fourth, the server maybe should be updated to 1.8.  I know it takes time and we will eventually get the update, its just that i think it would really make a big change.

When new people wander in lets give them a warm welcome, not by giving them free stuff like diamonds and emeralds ( we are all guilty of that) but by having fun with them.

We are a wonderful clan and you all are so much fun to play with :)

None of my criticism is meant to be personal in any way shape or form, i just want us all to get together to make the FA server happening again :)

Edited by supersnipergirl
  • Like 7

The fact that most people on the server used creative to build their stuff is something I am guilty of aswell, and is one of the things that bored me out of the game quite early aswell.

I agree with emeralds/diamonds on spawning isn't the greatest thing ever as you get all the things for free without effort.

What i'd suggest is maybe update, the snapshots are quite buggy so a full release would be best.

Also a map reset and everyone plays in survival would be great aswell :D

• Like 2

sorry ssg. Ive been grounded and im pretty much risking my life typing this. lol. I have been  grounded for breaking my tv.

Now why and how did you do that! lol

I hope your dad doesn't read this because i do not want you to get in trouble even more.

We miss you on teamspeak so get un-grounded soon!

Hi,

I agree with you SuperSniperGirl, but just 1 thing. We need keep portal. Not ender portal and nether portal. But other for go away from the spawn. Or a portal who teleport us on a random place (i don't know if we can build that).

Give food at spawn is not bad. But beef... and alot... it's a little too much at beginning.

hellow all
hmm it loocks like server needs major reset no admin no extra fancy plugins just pure survival
even spawn needs to be build in survival that would be a fun thing to do.

• Like 3

Hi,

I agree with you SuperSniperGirl, but just 1 thing. We need keep portal. Not ender portal and nether portal. But other for go away from the spawn. Or a portal who teleport us on a random place (i don't know if we can build that).

Give food at spawn is not bad. But beef... and alot... it's a little too much at beginning.

Hey Dhmo,

I know where you are coming from but i do not see it that way.

Survival server means surviving and finding your own stuff and crafting it, that is what makes it exciting and fun.

If we are gonna give food and stuff away, will mean that people are gonna hang around the spawn all the time.

Maybe portals are not a bad idea just to get people away from spawn but then people are gonna build all around the portals which means that new people who come in go trough the portals and will find themselves again in cluttered places full of buildings.

Again this is only my opinion and we should all discuss this together of course.

A few things:

• Bukkit development has been halted due to legal issues, so 1.8 will not come so fast. Though it is ahead of other popular mods such as FTB packs- those are still at 1.6.4!
  • I do not remember Bukkit having such a command but on my private server I can spread out the players out (/spreadplayers). 2000 blocks seems a bit far though, it also makes the server files huge. I could see 200 at the most. I used to have a rule about tight building... if you could see someone else's house/structure/portal where you built, it was too close. I moved all transports underground as well which helped with that.
  • Added point: Back when my server was public, players didn't seem to fond of true survival for whatever reason, always asking me to give them food, tools, etc... :/ Unfortunately that seems to be a large portion of the players who are like that.
  • Like 3

Oooh I remembered something.

The scoreboard/campaign/RPG plugin we have that levels up different skills could probably use an adjustment. For new players, they literally get no drops until they level up (it's nice once you are high level and get tons of drops though) forcing a reliance on the steak falls and the buildings around the spawn. It's also frustrating... I break trees for 10 minutes to get enough wood to make an axe to make more tools, but that axe breaks before I get enough dropped wood/stone/whatever to build more tools.

Hey Dhmo,

I know where you are coming from but i do not see it that way.

Survival server means surviving and finding your own stuff and crafting it, that is what makes it exciting and fun.

If we are gonna give food and stuff away, will mean that people are gonna hang around the spawn all the time.

Maybe portals are not a bad idea just to get people away from spawn but then people are gonna build all around the portals which means that new people who come in go trough the portals and will find themselves again in cluttered places full of buildings.

Again this is only my opinion and we should all discuss this together of course.

I understand, but before become vip. I try other survival server. And I try 1 close to my house (so less lag) and popular (all time 5 ppl on server and 20 when i played). I go to the place PVE. And I starve every time before i find a place where i can take the minimal for survive. They have too much construction around the spawn. So we need some food for go away from spawn and don't starve (because no ressource because too much construction).

Maybe a bit of an off topic question, but why cant i place water with my water bucket? o_O

*edit*

I started a sort of survival town a bit outside of the region from spawn. What my goal is with that area is to create a group of houses / people that only use survival to build their homes and gather resources.

Maybe a bit of an off topic question, but why cant i place water with my water bucket? o_O

Need to claim the area first.

• Like 4

To be honest, I think we should keep creative mode for admins because for quite a few of us, that's the only reason we play on it. 

Not to sound like a ****, but the name of the server is "=F|A= #1 Survival Server"

I think if we keep creative, the server needs to be renamed, memory and slots reduced, and a second one- purely survival should be put up.

On a side note, in my world I have recently started playing Survival again... and I had a blast. Before I'd play for a max of maybe 30 minutes to an hour... I stayed on for 9 hours playing survival, and roaming the map for wanted materials. I suggest giving it another shot if you haven't recently!

• Like 4