ETLegacy V2.71rc4.pk3 problem.

g.o.a.t.

What a pain in the ass program. I wiped my whole et folder and kept the etkey, autoexec, and some other configs. 

Re-installed and placed back my etkey, and other files.

Low and behold: levels gone, xp gone (but I don't care I reset it a lot)

I'm noticing something stupid about et on mac, the command /pb_myguid doesn't work at all, so I'm assuming that my guid has changed again even though I still have the same etkey...

I uninstalled to keep my settings to my new autoexec after a clean reinstall.

Anyways i'm not playing right now just messing with ET while i'm doing some work.

Did you enable pb? /pb_cl_enable /pb_system 1

Sometimes you can have your stuff reseted cause you didn't save profile and dat files. (I had same problem, copied dat files and all profiles and everything was fine)

After those 2 commands try /pb_myguid and /cl_guid

• Like 1

Just got !fingered by Saint he was gentle

Finally got my old etkey working again, its the old et guid

But no levels, i'll be on playing around 5pm eastern time so no probs i'll probably get level from Tipsy if he is around and in the mood to !finger !setlevel 30 so I can bann everyone and anyone I see thanks. 

Hey g.o.a.t.,

You can try CrossOver https://www.codeweavers.com/

You can use the trial first, and see if it works for you. Tip: I think that if you download the trial version first, and then you wait almost before it expires, they will sent you an email with a code to buy it with a discount.

I don't know why, but it can give you a ban message the first time you log into a FA server, it is an issue from the program... I think Daredevil was able to fix the issue, but in case you want to try it out, and you get the ban message, don't worry about, just sent a PM to DD. :D

I have been using it for about 2 months, and have not found any other problem, just the one with the ban message that was successfully fixed. :)

-Snake

Edited by (Snake)
  • Like 2

From the ET:L FAQ:

Is ET: Legacy compatible with PunkBuster™?

No, unfortunately not. Before the GPL release the PunkBuster™ code parts of Enemy Territory have been removed from the sources of the GPL release so ET: Legacy does not and never will work on servers where PunkBuster™ is enabled. But we have one bonus side effect: There is no system wide always running service installed

Regards,

xenozbad

• Like 1

Hey g.o.a.t.,

You can try CrossOver https://www.codeweavers.com/

You can use the trial first, and see if it works for you. Tip: I think that if you download the trial version first, and then you wait almost before it expires, they will sent you an email with a code to buy it with a discount.

I don't know why, but it can give you a ban message the first time you log into a FA server, it is an issue from the program... I think Daredevil was able to fix the issue, but in case you want to try it out, and you get the ban message, don't worry about, just sent a PM to DD. :D

I have been using it for about 2 months, and have not found any other problem, just the one with the ban message that was successfully fixed. :)

-Snake

Snake, alright so I tried the CrossOver program, and the FPS decrease on it was too extreme of a difference. So I will be sticking to ETlegacy.

Otherthan that wow, this program is flawless. I tried a wine bottler program for other windows programs before but it was too difficult to use, this was easy and user friendly. I might try that for my mouse drivers and see if it could help.