Minecraft Having trouble with golden shovel

=Death Hunter=

So after one of our awesome admins refilled the chest I tried out the shovel to claim and its doing all kinds of whacky stuff.

What's the easiest explanation on how to use the shovel? Do I single click and mark out corners of do I click and drag. I think I tried both ways but my markers are all over the place.

Heeeeeeellllpppppp meeeeeee

This might sound complicated but I promise you it's simple as shit once you start doing it.

You take your golden shovel and right click on one corner of the land you want to claim (should see a diamond cross show up to indicate the corner), you then go to the diagonal opposite (to form a square) and right click to the opposite claim corner and boom, you've got a claim (border will appear as gold and glowstone).

After you've made a claim and at some point you want to expand it. all you have to do is get a wood stick or your shovel and right click inside your claim to bring up the border, go to the corner of your claim that you want to expand and right click on the glowstone and move it to a new position and right click again to confirm the new spot. 

If it's telling you that you can't make a claim because it's overlapping another, find the claim (the border of the offending claim will be in redstone ore and netherrack) if it's yours, stand inside it and type "/abandonclaim" and try making/expanding the claim again, if it doesn't work, repeat until you don't get the error anymore. If the error is because of someone elses claim, you either need to re-work your building plans or strike a deal with your neighbor for it. Don't be an ass and just build all around it and make mini-claims to box them in(general statement, not saying you would or you have done this).

Claim blocks are limited but the more you play the more you get (added per hour on you're on the server). 

Any other questions you have can be answered with the command "/help griefprevention <page #>"

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 2