My PM bind (jaymod) stopped working

=Death Hunter=

As soon as we got the vsays back on Jay 2 I can't use the P button to PM. Is this a coincidence or a bug? I remember this happening a while back but I don't remember the solution. I went through Jaymod options and made sure it allowed PM's and binded the  P button.

I dunno why it won't work when it did before.

I havent used that PM bind at all. Always i use console /m [Name] [Text] much easier and faster:P

Faster is /m [slot] text ;)

You can check slot via /players or !listplayers

• Like 1

• Leader

As soon as we got the vsays back on Jay 2 I can't use the P button to PM. Is this a coincidence or a bug? I remember this happening a while back but I don't remember the solution. I went through Jaymod options and made sure it allowed PM's and binded the  P button.

I dunno why it won't work when it did before.

I was never able to make a bind that was the equivalent of "open console, type /m " and wait for me to type the name/slot# and then msg.

A general discussion of how to do that, here, might not be a good idea, as it would give the spammers & harassers  more techniques to employ to their evil ends. :)

• Like 1

Faster is /m [slot] text ;)

You can check slot via  !listplayers

Nope fastest way is when you use macros like i do, When i hit G1 its open my console and type =F|A to me :) or if i type G2 its open console to me and type Jayc etc :)

Edited by von Rantala

Nope fastest way is when you use macros like i do, When i hit G1 its open my console and type =F|A to me :) or if i type G2 its open console to me and type Jayc etc :)

Right macros....

I'm just trying not to become lazy :D

You can bind it as well by doing as followed;

==> /bind <key>  "messagemode4"

If you're not able to bind it.

You can always use PM chat, for jaymod

==> /m [name] [text]

for example to PM me: ==> /m rever hi

I'm gonna try this. I don't know why it stopped working in the first place.

The only reason I don't like using the console is because I am a horrible typer. With the bind I just hit P and it opens a PM box. I type =f then hit Tab and I'm ready to message.

I just don't know why the Jaymod options doesn't work when I go back and set it up. It should work but I'll try manually binding it your way.

Go to C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\profiles\'You': Open etconfig with Windows Notepad.

Use Edit TAB, Find [bind p].  Change it to: bind p messagemode4.

• Like 1