.dm files

FireWienie
Go to solution Solved by MosesIsComingLookBusy,

IS there a program I can use to just play it? It would probably be much easier :/

.dm files are not simply video files.

Think of it more as a record of what your client (the game) sends, and receives, to/from the server. Not as a recording of what you see, but what your game sees :) and there in lies one of the reasons why we only accept .dm's as proof :)

• Like 2

.dm files are not simply video files.

Think of it more as a record of what your client (the game) sends, and receives, to/from the server. Not as a recording of what you see, but what your game sees :) and there in lies one of the reasons why we only accept .dm's as proof :)

Alright thanks ^_^

• Like 1

Check this program, might help you if you are looking to edit dm files.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/697-et-demoview-edition/

I was checking the ETPro file but I dont see any file that could be ran (all of them are files that require you to choose what program you need)

I was checking the ETPro file but I dont see any file that could be ran (all of them are files that require you to choose what program you need)

There is no need to choose a program to run that file. You can run it from Et itself.

Open Wolfenstein ET, load the mod you used to record the demo. Hit Replay in the front menu and choose the recording you want. It is important that the dm files are in the demos folder in ET

Many folks,myself included, can't load the mod from the menu as it does not show. Instead i join our server the demo was taken in and disconnect. You should see the demo in the menu under replays. The file will look something like this, 2013-08-08-172110-sw_oasis_b3.dm_84 , with the date taken and map name. hope this helps m8!