Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal Portuguese) - Post your questions here

eu posso ajudar tambem :P

i can  help too.

only if daniele let me ;)

but for me is portuguese from Portugal not Br(brazil)

• Like 3

Heya Lucky.

I know there are differences between both so I specified to make sure but of course you can, feel free!

We can change the title to portuguese only, maybe?

EDIT: I changed the title.

:)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

In Portugal ppl say a lot *olha* when they talk to each other. Is that similar to *listen* in English? I know it literally means *look*, but I want to know other possible meanings. Usually they initiate a conversation with this. Also *é só*. Is that means * it is all*? Obrigada.

Edited by +GRANNY. aka BONAMANA
  • Like 1

yes olha,its the same as look and with similar use as listen.

e so,it means-its only...it is all = e tudo :)

i hope it helped you :)

good day

• Like 2

How often would you use *a gente*  to mean *we/us* in Portugal? I know it means *people/folks*, but I want to know if you would use it as *we*, and if you do, then could you give me an example. Also I noticed people use word *dúvidas*  instead of *perguntas*.  *Tenha dúvidas?* (do you have questions?). Is it just in certain areas of the country or it is normal for Portugal (in general)? Obrigadinho 

• Like 1

How often would you use *a gente* to mean *we/us* in Portugal? I know it means *people/folks*, but I want to know if you would use it as *we*, and if you do, then could you give me an example. Also I noticed people use word *dúvidas* instead of *perguntas*. *Tenha dúvidas?* (do you have questions?). Is it just in certain areas of the country or it is normal for Portugal (in general)? Obrigadinho

so

you can use "a gente" like we/us but correct for me is "nós"

as example "we can do this"= Nós podemos fazer isso" you can say also "a gente pode fazer isso", but for me it is ugly portuguese lol

pronomespessoaisjpg1.300120158_std.jpg

about duvidas, its mean doubt

"do you have a question?"= você tem uma pergunta?

"I have doubts if you are legit"= Eu tenho dúvidas se você é legitimo"

btw I am Brazilian.

about "albi" I really dunno whats mean lol

*Tenha* lmao, just noticed, anyway....yes here where I am now in Portugal ppl ask *tem duvidas* and they mean *have questions?*. I was asked in this way few times and noticed ppl never use *perguntas* (not only with me). It is easy to understand from the context that they mean *question*, not *doubt*. On the other hand if you have questions, then you probably have doubts, otherwise you wouldn't ask (logical lol). Yes plenty of all sorts of *albi* here. Saw one time *a gente* used as *us/we*. Was very strange. Wanted to know if it a *fashion* or a *normal* thing. Yes Douglas I know you are Brazilian :D Oi menino. You have a puzzle now , haha *wink*

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Guys be very carefull with pottuguese, specially portuguese from Portugal, it can be be very tricky and thr same word can have loads of interpretations, any questions shoot me a pm, I'll be pleased to help you.

Also, portuguese from Brasil it's different than the portuguese from Portugal, we understand each other, but some words are not used in Portugal and some things as referred in the topic like "a gente" are just used in some parts of Portugal.

I'm portuguese btw :)

Edited by UNR3AL
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a few difference between the Portuguese talked in Portugal and Brazil. But both citizens can understand some differences. It´s not a problem. 

I think that develop two different translation will be harder and not necessary, because the difference is really tiny! 

Imma Brazilian and I can help to work in this field.