Hungarian - Post your questions here

If you need any help in translation from hungarian to english or conversely, or if you have any hungarian question feel free to ask here, I will try to answer as soon as I can.

• Like 1

I love you = Szeretlek

You are a pretty girl = hungarian language is really large(some ppl says, hungarian language is the most difficult language to learn after chinese, japanese and korean), so for this we has so many phrases, but few of them:

-Aranyos vagy.

-Csinos vagy.

-Elbüvölő vagy.

-Bűbájos vagy.

-Tündéri vagy.

-Elragadó vagy.

-Angyali vagy.

-Ennivaló vagy.

etcetcetc...

Aaaaand the Hungarian girls are really beautiful, so you asked the right question. :P

Anyway, if you want guys I can translate serbian and croatian things too.

• Like 1

"Vagy" is "You are", "girl" is "lány", but when you flirting, usually you dont say "You are a pretty girl", just "You are pretty".

I cant explain how we pronounce "vagy", because english has no letter for "gy". Anyway hungarian alphabet has 42 letter until english 26, so few of our words/letter you cant pronounce only if you practice them.

EDIT: You can see here, how we pronounce "vagy" (or whatever you want to see) https://www.wtcd.eu/index.php?page=dic&lang=hu&word=How+are+you%3F&lang1=eng&lang2=eng&lang3=hun just type after "Keresett szó" field: How are you?, below that choice English, below that Hungarian, and click on "Keres".

• 1 year later...

Egy icike-picike pocok pocakon pöckölt egy másik icike-picike pockot, mire a pocakon pöckölt icike-picike pocok is jól pocakon pöckölte az őt pocakon pöckölő icike-picike pockot.

[ˈeɟ itsikɛ pitsikɛ potsok potsɑkon pøtskølt eɟ maːʃik itsikɛ pitsikɛ potskot, mirɛ ɑ potsɑkon pøtskølt itsikɛ pitsikɛ potsok iʃ joːl potsɑkon pøtskølte ɑz øːt potsɑkon pøtskøløː itsikɛ pitsikɛ potskot]

A tiny little vole poked the tummy of another tiny little vole, then the tiny little vole who got his tummy poked also poked the tummy of the tiny little vole who had poked his tummy.

icike-picike – very little; tiny little; tiny

pocok – vole

pöckölni – to poke; to knuckle; to flick

egy másik – another; some other

második – second

első – first

mire – whereof; whereon; onto what; "because it happened, then.. (it happened too)"

pocak – tummy

gyomor – stomach

jó – good

jól – good enough; nicely; well; right

is – too; also

szintén – too; aswell; also

ő – him/her(/it – we rather use the word "az" for it)

az – that;

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...