Spanish Spanish - Post your questions here

Sometimes in spanish you can recognize a word from plural or singular just for the "S", by example:

Fotos = Photos
Foto = Photo

The 's' makes it plural, but not all the time this rule apply, example:

Soles from Sol = Suns / Sun
Árboles from Árbol = Trees / Tree

You can see that the spanish words end with a consonant needs an 'es', I hope this can help you.

Thank you, very much, Papi :D

Learnt 3 new words, and their plurals, and that is a very simple to remember rule for creating plurals :P

Is there any significant difference between the Spanish used in Spain and the Spanish used in other countries? :)

Yes, there a lot of difference, in spain is an spanish pure and in America we use other spanish, but Spanish from Mexico is so big, full of new words and colloquialisms, I heard from many people that if you want learn Spanish, learn from Mexico, we have a word or name for everything.

And Heretic, there is a "Like it" button if you want to thank me :D

• Like 1

I say there are some differences but is like compare english spoken in United State and the english spoken in United Kingdom. The way of pronunciation, the sounds, etc. The most remarkable thing, in my humble opinion, is the pronunciation and how it sounds.

Yes, there a lot of difference, in spain is an spanish pure and in America we use other spanish, but Spanish from Mexico is so big, full of new words and colloquialisms, I heard from many people that if you want learn Spanish, learn from Mexico, we have a word or name for everything.

Mexico Spanish it is then :D

And Heretic, there is a "Like it" button if you want to thank me :D

Screw you! You get no Likes from me :P

I say there are some differences but is like compare english spoken in United State and the english spoken in United Kingdom. The way of pronunciation, the sounds, etc. The most remarkable thing, in my humble opinion, is the pronunciation and how it sounds.

That's what I thought would be the case. Thanks for clarifying, Maxi :) Edited by Heretic121
  • Like 1

We dont say: una cerveza por favor,

We say, with education: Me das una cerveza por favor.

Between friends: dame una cerveza.

Heretic, damn your likes then.

could to make a section for insults or inappropriate words?, some always need any of these words :ph34r:

Until please translation to english: Hola amiga, te puedo invitar a mi hotel? :huh:  :P

We dont say: una cerveza por favor,

We say, with education: Me das una cerveza por favor.

Between friends: dame una cerveza.

Heretic, damn your likes then.

Claro... joder... :D

Well I'm pretty sure I'll get my beer eventhough saying it in my way lol

• Like 1

In Mexico is not common that someone say: joder, when he made a mistake, we have a lot of curses, but no "Joder".

What is it then?

What is it then?

There are a lot of words to curse, I will do a list from the softer to the hardest or worst:

Chihuahua / Damn   (Chihuahua is a State from Mexico, but we use it commonly as expresion when you fail at something: Chiahuahua pues!, se me hizo tarde / damn! it's too late)

La regue / I screw it

La cague / I screw it

Chingado! / Dammit

Chingada madre / Goddamnit

su puta madre! / OMFG ( In this case is like when you're trying something hard and fail or somebody get you mad: Su puta madre!, no sirve el tornillo. / OMFG!, the screw doesnt work.)

A la verga! / f*** off! (the word "Verga = Penis", but in Mexico we use it as curse, cause it's related to curse, sex, and a lot of more things, you can mix it with everything, Vete a la verga / GTFO)

while in english use only F*ck as curse, in Mexico we have hundreds of curses and mix them.

• Like 1