Build Something

Thundercats

Think you need a ongoing hobby..woodworking is a stress reliever for some...I like to make wind chimes..work on the boat,outboard or other stuff.cut wood up for fireplace or firepit.i encourage people at trash drop off to bring me their desktops if they have trouble.I remove viruses or if I have a scrounge part that is needed I fix it.makes me feel good to help them.. they are poor..ride my beach cruiser bike...me and wifey take the boat out bringing lunch and a newspaper to read..I don't fish much I just like being on the water.play ET...whatever keeps me busy....try something new

Pick a genre of music that you like and take up an instrument used heavily in that genre (rock=guitar, jazz=saxophone, etc.). Playing an instrument is a rewarding hobby and can relieve stress.

or if you want to build stuff, try cars. get a scrapper and put her back together.

• Like 2

Anxiety/stress is a daily problem in my life and it's even genetic.

My grandfather passed away from heart complications from it, and put my father out of work for a period of time because he would get hives on his skin.

I doubt I'll live past 30, but I also refuse to take medication. I have a mentality of, "if there's not something wrong, there's something wrong".

Personally, I often go on walks when I get home from work and listen to my music - as Mel Gibson said.

ET is also a stress reliever for me, but of course I can only be on it so much during the weekends and work nights.

Busy hands will equal to busy minds.

So keep doing what you're doing, and Godspeed to you.

(But if you're really bored, I wouldn't mind a giant, wooden ship to sail on of my own! ;) )

• Like 4

I have restored a couple old cars but I found it to get to stressful. I listen to so many different types of music. I play the drums, bass and guitar but I to get to much enjoyment. When not with my family I find working out to help with stress. I have started teaching a women's self-defense class on top of teaching karate, and weight training. I have also started working private security on the weekend. Great pay and nice to get out. But with everything going on in the world I have started to not want to leave my property and feel very anxious when I or someone in my family does. The thought of anything happening to them would destroy me. I carry a lot of dark memories. Things that I wish I could remove from my head. When I was drinking I could bury it but now I have to face it. Thats why I love this clan. There are real people whom care about me.

Edited by Thundercats
  • Like 3

Maybe try painting/drawing? My father used to draw/paint when I was younger to help with his anxiety and depression, which seemed to really help him at the time. He also used to build and fly rc planes which I got into with him, along with rc trucks/cars to help me with my anxiety and depression as I got older. I was lucky growing up that my father and me had each other to help deal with our anxiety and depression. But in the end all anyone with anxiety/depression and the like can do is just take it one day at a time. If you ever want to talk send me a message, sometimes just talking about it with someone else is the best medicine.

• Like 1