FPS problem

Mr.Karizmatic
Go to solution Solved by Mr.Karizmatic,

Ok like from 1-2 weeks my fps has drop from 75 to 16-20 can u guys help i cant move nd graphics are messedup...

i updated my nvidia card somedays befre i think tht might causing this problem

Rollback the drivers?

I actually tried to update my drivers to the newest 344.11 and I believe it f***ed up my system. I had to do a reformat lol  Couldn't restore, rollback anything.

Try doing a rollback to the previous drivers first. Then if that fails, uninstall all drivers and then redownload using Nvidia Gefore Experience.

• Administrators

Ok like from 1-2 weeks my fps has drop from 75 to 16-20 can u guys help i cant move nd graphics are messedup...

i updated my nvidia card somedays befre i think tht might causing this problem

If you have good working drivers once i would say never update unless needed. :) 

Control panel > Hardware and Sound

Under Devices and printers click Device manager.

GO to Display Adapter and click the dropdown arrow. Right click your nvidia card, select properties.

Click the Driver tab, then click rollback option. May require a restart.

• Solution

i dont have rollback option i mean i cant click on it...

Maybe in console: /r_privitimes 2

it says unknow cmd

its /r_primitives 0 and it helped 

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/372-common-problems-for-wolfenstien-enemy-territory-and-solutions/

Edit it didnt help me .. i lag still i tried /rate 45000 still lag alot and fps is 25

Edit again : =F|A=Theory helped me u need to go to nvidia control panel and go to manage 3D settings --->program settings---> select et in 1st option ---> and select High-Performance NVIDIA processor and go to ---> 3 option scroll down and turn off the Threaded Optimization From Auto to OFF..

Edited by Mr.Karizmatic
  • Like 1

• Administrators

i dont have rollback option i mean i cant click on it...

it says unknow cmd

its /r_primitives 0 and it helped 

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/372-common-problems-for-wolfenstien-enemy-territory-and-solutions/

Edit it didnt help me .. i lag still i tried /snaps 45000 still lag alot and fps is 25

Edit again : =F|A=Theory helped me u need to go to nvidia control panel and go to manage 3D settings --->program settings---> select et in 1st option ---> and select High-Performance NVIDIA processor and go to ---> 3 option scroll down and turn off the Threaded Optimization From Auto to OFF..

45000 for snaps ???? 

It's \rate 45000

\snaps 20 

Open your Nvidia Control Panel. This can be done
by right clicking the desktop. Under 3D Settings on the left, select
Manage 3D settings. Click on the program settings tab. From here
locate your et.exe - it should be in the drop down. Correct the
following settings:

Antialiasing - FXAA - Off.
Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - Off.
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode.
Power management mode - prefer maximum performance (unless on a laptop
then use Adaptive).
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample option - On.
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias - Clamp.
Texture filtering - Quality - High Performance.
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization - On
Threaded optimization - Off
Triple buffering - Off.
Vertical sync - Off.

Now restart your computer

ET has to run on a single core as it does not support multi-core processing. Threaded optimization is the Nvidia setting for this.

Rate has a hard coded limit of 34,000. 35,000 - 45,000 is an overhead used for the auto rate feature in Jaymod (read the documentation) - it does absolutely nothing. r_primitives tells the game which drawing primitives to use when rendering. 0 - auto select, 1 - single glDrawElements, 2 - multiple glDrawElements, use 3 for luls. 0 is fine for most users. However, newer machines and especially AMD cards tend to perform better with a value of 2.

Regards,

xenozbad

Edited by xenozbad