Lagging Issues on Hardcore and Silent1

Sykotic

It would be good if you provided around 100 or 250 packets winmtr record.

Do you have those lags depending on map or time?

What is your mtu packets value in router/modem settings?

Tried disconnecting router/modem from power source for around 10-20 mins?

Tried reseting router/modem?

Also: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-11/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/ points 2,3 and 4 providing that info would be useful :)

Th3o

mass pm sent too alll on sep 10 check your inbox...

http://fearless-assassins.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=80087&st=0#msg141526

also posted in the wrong area please post it here with your winmtr report  http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/project-13-silent/

HC and SilEnT 1 are in different datacentres, so I'm tempted to say it's an issue with your config if it's happening across the board between the two. Do you have lag on Fun1, Beginners 2, and/or SW1?

I suggest to check by command msconfig if you have all the updates turned off from the last two tabs. Programms like Java, Antyvirus, Google Chrome, Operating system etc tend to update. Be sure that all that stuff doesn't cause it.

• Administrators

U CPU is getting throttled... or GPU issue... See green spikes in u lagometer? Those are caused by hardware or windows due to 3rd party softwares running in background.

• Like 1

It would be good if you provided around 100 or 250 packets winmtr record.

Do you have those lags depending on map or time?

What is your mtu packets value in router/modem settings?

Tried disconnecting router/modem from power source for around 10-20 mins?

Tried reseting router/modem?

Also: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-11/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/ points 2,3 and 4 providing that info would be useful :)

Th3o

Just a note I didn't have any of these lag issues before 2 weeks ago, and I haven't installed anything new prior to the issue starting.

Here is the answers to your questions below:

1) How do I provide the 100 or 250 packets in the winmtr record?

2) The lags never happen at any certain time or map.  My ping is normally around 36 to 38 and lately its been 50 and above.

3) My mtu packets value is set to 1500.

4) I have disconnected the router from the power source and reset it, didn't help.

5) for point 2, i don't have a firewall set on my router or modem that I can see

for point 3, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3775550150 (my ping was very high, normally I ping under 10 when I run this test)

for point 4, I listed my computer specs below

Operating System:

CPU: Intel i7 920 2.67ghz

RAM: 12 GB

Motherboard: don't know, came with the dell computer 

Hard drive (IDE, PATA, SATA, etc): sata

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 660

Graphics card driver version: 344.11

Wifi: no

Your location (country): USA

Router Name (If you use any): Netgear

Which anti virus and firewall you use: Norton 360

For more packets you just leave winmtr till it send 100 or 250 packets then press stop. That's all.

Notice DD's post.

U CPU is getting throttled... or GPU issue... See green spikes in u lagometer? Those are caused by hardware or windows due to 3rd party softwares running in background.

Also maybe there are some network repairs so let's see if it's still like that in several days :)

Ok I made a new winmtr report and stopped the packets at 267.  Xernicus mentioned I was running 2 or 3 routers, figured that out (I think) and only 1 router should be running now.  Another thing I noticed was that google chrome was giving me issues when running speedtest, so I tried firefox and my speedtest ran normal.  Let me know if you need me to run anymore tests.

Winmtr 9-21-2014.txt

According to that winmtr log, everything on internet side is fine. ( I have even more packet loss and don't have such spikes)

Maybe try lowering fps cap to 60 and check if those lags are less frequent. (As DD said cpu might be throttling)

Do you have up to date drivers for graphic card?

According to that winmtr log, everything on internet side is fine. ( I have even more packet loss and don't have such spikes)

Maybe try lowering fps cap to 60 and check if those lags are less frequent. (As DD said cpu might be throttling)

Do you have up to date drivers for graphic card?

ok will change the fps cap, i tried to find something running in the background that wasn't there 2 weeks ago but no luck

my drivers just updated 2 or 3 days ago for my graphics card

I tried changing the fps cap but it didn't make a difference.  While on silent#1 last night my ping was around 45 to 50 for most of the time but after about an hour it spiked to 128 to 130 and stayed that way for about 15min.  My ping when its normal is around 35.   I couldn't find anything running in the background on my computer since my lagometer showed a really green bar on the bottom of the meter.  Any idea?

Try this for nvidia card:
NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3D settings > Program settings > Select a program to customize: Enemy Territory > Threaded optimization OFF

How much ram did you allocate to:
com_zonemgs

com_hunkmegs

com_soundmegs

Here is a few screen shots while on silent #1.  I was playing a couple maps with my ping around 36 to 55.  which is not great but i'm managing.  Then at 10:12pm eastern my ping spikes to about 130 and my lagometer has these red spikes.  Hopefully this will help to narrow down my cause.

post-5479-0-79103500-1411611446_thumb.jpg

post-5479-0-69197300-1411611448_thumb.jpg

post-5479-0-08867000-1411611451_thumb.jpg

post-5479-0-90795700-1411611452_thumb.jpg

post-5479-0-79224400-1411611454_thumb.jpg