Controllers - Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Mr. Grimm

If you've made the mistake of buying a console, you've probably spent time thinking about which console of the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has better controllers. They're very different and very similar at the same time. I made the mistake of buying both consoles, and if my opinion matters... I'd say the PS3 controllers are head-and-shoulders above the Xbox 360's controllers.

A few reasons!

A lot of people say that the PS3 controllers are too small, when in fact once you get used to them... they're the perfect size! They're also ergonomic and slim, where as the Xbox 360 controllers are big and bulky. I've spent hours and hours at a time gaming with both controllers, and the Playstation 3 Controllers are much better for the hands and wrists.

A lot of people complain about batteries, because if you've made the mistake of buying rechargeable batteries like I have, you know that they don't last as long as you'd like them to. They're a pain in the ass! But with PS3, your controllers are charged directly into your console via USB to Mini-USB cable. You won't have to worry about buying cables for charging your controller, because these damn things are everywhere! I have 30+ USB to Mini-USB cables in my box of cables. Granted, while the Xbox 360 makes controllers both wired and wireless, with the Playstation 3, you can charge your controller while you're gaming. I personally am a fan of wireless controllers, but if you like the feel of wired controllers, just plug that motherf***er into the console! Problem solved!

If you're like me, you like to feel vibrations when you're playing. It really captures the moment and gives you a bit of 4-dimensional entertainment. The Dualshock 3 controller for the Playstation 3's Accelerometer is stellar compared to the Xbox 360 Controller's Accelerometer. Matched with the slimness of the Dualshock 3 Controller, you really have a better grip on the vibrations.

Coming from a gamer with both consoles, I'd say PS3 has the advantage when it comes to controllers.

What do you guys think?

~Mr. Grimm

i friggin hate sony controllers. the left analog is dumb and the triggers are even dumber -_- and the weight was faaar to light for me. felt like if i dropped it then i was gonna break it. xbox controllers just feel more natural to me and i dont have big hands. and then the ps4 came out and made the controller longer. dafuq is wrong with sony? lol. but, to each his own. even a quick google search will find that most prefer the 360 controller. i have cousins that prefer the PS controllers as well...i dont get those guys -_- lol.

• Like 1

Playstation :)

it has been the most consistent controller since the 90's. ^.^  Very familiar, comfortable and easy to use.

I don't mind the wii controllers, but they are a little gimmicky >.>

Xbox controllers are okay, but I find them bulky. Sadly... xinput is the new thing these days so most pc games are calibrated for xbox 360 type controllers. It takes extra work to use PS style controllers.

Also I don't play console. I have different controllers for my laptop :3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...