Horror game recommendations?

AcidParadox

Me and some friend do a video game marathon every saturday/sunday and we are big horror game fans.

So yeah , any recommendations?

It can be on any console, pc game, indie or AAA ,flash game , full of jumpscares or suspense horror, any kind of game will do.

I would definitely have to recommend F.E.A.R. A little old, but an awesome game.

I have played only the first one (on ps3 and pc). The enemy AI was pretty damn good for its time and the timed flashlight was a cool feature too.

Outlast....this thing gave me an incredible jumpscares and it's the main reason why a friend of mine hates me now xD, My roommate was playing it at night time (with headphones :P) I pretended I was sleeping so when he got close to a jumpscare I put my hand on his shoulder looool....I'll never forget that face lmfao 

Outlast....this thing gave me an incredible jumpscares and it's the main reason why a friend of mine hates me now xD, My roommate was playing it at night time (with headphones :P) I pretended I was sleeping so when he got close to a jumpscare I put my hand on his shoulder looool....I'll never forget that face lmfao 

This sounds cool , I'll probably add this to my steam collection unless it runs on unreal engine (I hate Unreal engine so much...)

Decent Horor themed games:

PC/Steam playable:

Outlast (Amazing first person experience)

Amnesia (Another great FPS horror)

Alan Wake is decent

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are great. SH 4 isn't too bad. 5 and on do get a little out there in terms of horror 'survival'. The one for the wii, shattered memories is an amazing reimagining of the first game.

Obscure is fairly good. Steam

Condemned is good.

Deadly Premonition. Now on Steam. twin peaks meets silent hill kinda.

Dead space is great. 1 and 2 are on steam. Play 3 only for the story. It's more action instead of horror sadly.

Clive Barker's Undying (older pc game. hard to find. But great game)

Doom 3 is classic.

Fear series. 1 and 2 are best.

Painkiller series is awesome. Not so scary. More like a badass arcade kill everything that moves game. Similar roots are games like classic Doom, Wolfenstein, duke nukem, serious sam.

afterfall insanity

Lucius is fun, but dated. Indie horror. if you've seen the movie 'The omen'... you pretty much play Damien.

If you guys play MMOS ever, The Secret World is an amazing Horror themed MMO. It has a very steep learning curve, really hard missions and can be taxing on weaker PCs. (Check my take on it in the reviews section)

Penumbra series. From the makers of Amnesia.

If you own half life 2, get the Nightmare House 2 mod. Great single player horror campaign.

Gray mod for Half life 2. Another great horror mod.

Blinding Dark

Cry of Fear (free horror FPS game on steam.)

Dementium II (now ons team. originally for NDS)

Among the Sleep. real good indie horror game. You play a two year old toddler.

Daylight

Dreadout (similar to fatal frame.)

Not scary, but horror themed: Any castlevania games

Call of Cthulu dark corners of the earth (a little bit hard to get running properly on newer machines.)

Cold Fear. pretty much Resident evil 4 on a ship.

Sytem Shock 2

Bioshock 1 and 2

Slender the arrival

state of decay (not scary, but good zombie survival sim)

Shadow Man

The SUffering 1 AND 2 (PC and PS2)

Curse of Blackwater (indie)

Games you can emulate:

Resident Evil 1-3 (ps1)

Rule of Rose PS2

Haunting Ground PS2

Fatal Frame series is pretty damn good. Spans Ps2/3.

Clock Tower - Spans SNES, PS1 and Ps2. It's like Amnesia as a side scroller/third person.

Alone in the Dark the new nightmare: Ps1

Evil Dead Hail to the king ps1

Galerians ps1

Martian Gothic ps1

silent hill 1 PS1

D  ps1

Dino Crisis  PS1

nightmare creature PS1

Eternal Darkness Game Cube

Evil Dead Regenration PS2

Big time Horror fan lol

Edited by SiD
  • Like 2

Dead space is great. 1 and 2 are on steam. Play 3 only for the story. It's more action instead of horror sadly.

oh wow, how did I forget this. These damn monsters coming out of vents...haha. Shoot the limbs!!

Sid hit the nail on the head lol. My favorites would have to be Silent Hill 1-3, The Suffering 1-2, Bioshock 1-2 and Resident Evil 1-4 but 4 is where they started going more action sadly.

F.E.A.R series and doom 3 are good. They are much influenced by japanese games means u have sudden flashes of ghosts, your vision gets blinded etc.

Painkiller is also good but not scary as Fear.

Painkiller is more like Doom 1, The theme is more badass action than a horror game.