F|A STOPWATCH ETPRO SERVER

daredevil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Im lagging very hard there.... probablly something that i can fix for myself ?

Ps: on silent1 or hc there is all fine

Define lagging. Less FPS or ping lag? HC, silent and ETpro are all in 3 different machines but same datacenter.

Define lagging. Less FPS or ping lag? HC, silent and ETpro are all in 3 different machines but same datacenter.

its more ping lagging constantly on 148 but its still laggin sometimes it drops to about 200 not sure why (difficult to hit enemies)

My maxpackets 100 and rate 25000

On silent1 and hc ping is 110

• Platinum VIP

yup hearing a lot of people complain about lag. also reasonable high ping if you say its the same datacenter as hc and silent1, most americans even have 100 ping or more which is kind of high. hearing lots of people complain about not being able to deliver the hits where they usually do. fps is not an issue at all, ping is also not really spiking and lagometer seems clean. dont know where the issues lies exactly but is getting quite annoying imo. am able to run a winmtr if you want

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

If any of you have any suggestions feel free to post here :)

Bumping for feedback. 

wondering if we could set up a referee password for the server? either to all or to trusted sw2 regulars (admins ofcourse), it would be usefull if at least a couple of people can actually cast important votes on the server which are now locked. I think the voting is put off to prevent trolls dominating the votes, but noone having any right to call votes is not really the best solution imo. small example would be to balance teams or lock teams midgame

as mentioned these are just examples. if you take some time you can come up with a numerous ammount of benefits. hope some will back me up on this since it would really be quite usefull

PS: suggestion posted earlier this month http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/63859-rup-setting-sw2/

PPS: after reading what I wrote I would like to add that its not my intention to let sw2 become a completely run by admin server. it should remain how it is with everyone on the server working together for solutions to whatever problem comes up. but to have someone who can (only if needed) make it a little easier to actually fulfill these wishes would be very appreciated

• Like 3

• Administrators

SW2 is public server so even if you are not or someone else is not.. Match will start. What you are saying is true but it would be doable on private server. We can start one ETpro private server if that's what you are looking for to enjoy scrims. I don't want to public matches if someone is not ready or someone else is still peeing in restroom during intermission. 

SW1 - Public silEnT mod with omnibots so who likes to practice or when HC is full they can vote for Hardcore style config. 

SW2 - Public SW ETpro. We can even make it objective cycle server if you like OR Could put vote config on it. 

We are planning to add admin system on it. SW2 is basically ETpro server who like to specifically on ETPro with hardcore objective style game play which is more aggressive then our regular hardcore server. 

Off course we would be add auto spec LUA so players who are inactive will be moves to spec.

So far I gather from feedback here is what we are looking for:

1. Spec LUA to move players to specators.

2. Admin system on SW2

3. Dual config i.e. vote based to vote SW or Objective style game play. 

Does that sound good? If you are looking for scrim server I can add one private one and make it vote based referee but we had that before but trolls used to join in get the referee and kick players. 

Please let me know if I missed any.

• Like 4

I haven't visited that server in awhile so I don't know if bots run on it, but how about a !nobots command or something for players looking to do a 1 vs 1.  and at the end of each map the bots are brought back?

• Platinum VIP

SW2 is public server so even if you are not or someone else is not.. Match will start. What you are saying is true but it would be doable on private server. We can start one ETpro private server if that's what you are looking for to enjoy scrims. I don't want to public matches if someone is not ready or someone else is still peeing in restroom during intermission. 

SW1 - Public silEnT mod with omnibots so who likes to practice or when HC is full they can vote for Hardcore style config. 

SW2 - Public SW ETpro. We can even make it objective cycle server if you like OR Could put vote config on it. 

We are planning to add admin system on it. SW2 is basically ETpro server who like to specifically on ETPro with hardcore objective style game play which is more aggressive then our regular hardcore server. 

Off course we would be add auto spec LUA so players who are inactive will be moves to spec.

So far I gather from feedback here is what we are looking for:

1. Spec LUA to move players to specators.

2. Admin system on SW2

3. Dual config i.e. vote based to vote SW or Objective style game play. 

Does that sound good? If you are looking for scrim server I can add one private one and make it vote based referee but we had that before but trolls used to join in get the referee and kick players. 

Please let me know if I missed any.

Think adding the admin system alone would cover up basically everything, as for the other points; I dont see necessity in either the LUA or the objective config but neither of them really would have a downside so I dont see why not. maybe its an idea that the LUA allready starts working in the warmup (literally no idea if it would allready do that) so afks will allready be in spectator when the match starts.

As for the idea of adding a private server, thats not really something that Id personally suggest. I am not looking for extremely serious scrims, I just want to have fun with members and other people who visit the servers. The point Im really focussing on in both my post and my previous suggestion is that Im trying to keep the game fair when the match starts and throughout the game which at the moment can be hard to do. I think public or not this should always be maintained, obviously noone wants to play half a game 2v3 since someone isnt there or noone wants to sit out for a while. I guess one cares more about 1 off than the other but noone prefers it, but this is quite obvious.

I think just having an admin structure on the server will influence a lot of points that have been said throughout the topic. My 2 cents are to at first only add the structure to see how things develop since some issues will be irrelevant when this is added.

Anyways my gratitude for the server so far, its a lot of fun!

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

I haven't visited that server in awhile so I don't know if bots run on it, but how about a !nobots command or something for players looking to do a 1 vs 1.  and at the end of each map the bots are brought back?

etpro never had bot support, so there are no bots.

Think adding the admin system alone would cover up basically everything

there is already (or at least used to be) a !ref command, but you need to be in the list of refs.

once you are ref you can put players to spec, etc. etc. or even make someone else ref (of course temporarily, until they disconnect)

• Like 2

Tha

etpro never had bot support, so there are no bots. there is already (or at least used to be) a !ref command, but you need to be in the list of refs.once you are ref you can put players to spec, etc. etc. or even make someone else ref (of course temporarily, until they disconnect)

Thats what i wanted to ask if regular members can get the ref pw

• Administrators

Tha

Thats what i wanted to ask if regular members can get the ref pw

I can't find you in our ETPRO log files and it seems you haven't connected to our server. 

@Destiny, Maluco - I added you both in admin list so you both will have ref and unref commands. Just do !ref and !unref to become referee

If any member who plays regularly on ETPRO post it here and I will add you to ref list. If i get admin abuse complain with proof you referee access would be revoked permanently. 

• Like 1