DNA testing reportedly reveals identity of Jack the Ripper

Chameleon

Okay, true or not, this is really interesting, has been on all the news stations... I love stuff like this :D

A self-described "armchair detective" and a Finnish molecular biologist have claimed to have discovered the identity of the serial killer known as Jack the Ripper, who brutally murdered at least five prostitutes in the East End of London in the autumn of 1888.

article-2746321-2120ACBB00000578-148_306More: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/09/08/dna-testing-reportedly-reveals-identity-jack-ripper/?intcmp=features

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing that the two most evil people in history are so often read about still.  Jack the Ripper and Hitler.  Now if we can match them through DNA that would be news.

Doesn't that picture remind you of Killergun?

• Like 1

I just found it amazing that after all this time, this might just be the guy and the case can officially be closed...   300 posts awesome, you're about to catch me lol

• Like 2

300 posts !  Hahahahahaha    Chameleon had 300 posts his first day.

It would be nice to actually find the ripper finally.

Chameloen get 300 post per day :) and all include usefull info :D

I not read that link in the end, but is there possible that Jack the Ripper stole that instruments from that barber who they now say is Jack Ripper, i think we cant never say for 100% who he was. I think its wrong if you tell some name for public if you are not 100% sure when he cant defence himself. But its ofcourse good to investigate that thing.

• Like 1

Chameloen get 300 post per day :) and all include usefull info :D

I not read that link in the end, but is there possible that Jack the Ripper stole that instruments from that barber who they now say is Jack Ripper, i think we cant never say for 100% who he was. I think its wrong if you tell some name for public if you are not 100% sure when he cant defence himself. But its ofcourse good to investigate that thing.

Yeah without the guy being alive, there is no real way to say it is him.. Stuff like this always fascinated me..

• Like 1

At most, this only proves that Kosminski hired her for the night. Plenty of reasons for why DNA from both sources could be found and there's no way to prove definitively after all this time one way or another.