lag

Brew!?

Hey all just started playing et again about 2 months ago, used to play on fa quite often and came back. Anyways over the last couple of weeks I've experienced more and more lag, my ping tripled it went from roughly 32 to now 90-100. I'm not sure as to what the issue may be and would appreciate any feedback

heres my pc specs I forgot to add

amd radeon hd 6700 series

6 gb ram, only 4 used on this hd with win 8 32bit

intel i3 570

not sure what else you need ask and ill find it

my wintmr log and cfg

wintmr etlag.txt

New Text Document.txt

Edited by Brew!?

amd radeon hd 6700 series

Did you tried to force the disabling of vsync on your AMD graphic card?

Allowed your ET.exe and the both Punkbuster "exe's" through your firewall? You might also try a port forwarding..

vsync is off. and I have firewall disabled. I also run et on one core by setting the affinity. im not sure as to the technical side of network setup, so as for port forwarding im not sure where to start tbh

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/126-how-to-set-up-port-forwarding-for-wet/

edit: by the way, you didn't mentioned the type\details of connection you use.

Edited by Ann!b@l

yes sorry my apologies I knew there was something I had forgot. I run direct connect and have wireless for my wifes laptop. so basically the modem and router are connected but go through my comp. Idk if this makes sense if not bear with me and ill try an aid a correct explanation. I appreciate your time on the matter

yes sorry my apologies I knew there was something I had forgot. I run direct connect and have wireless for my wifes laptop. so basically the modem and router are connected but go through my comp. Idk if this makes sense if not bear with me and ill try an aid a correct explanation. I appreciate your time on the matter

Did you checked that no one is using\stealing your connection? You might be well advised to add and to allow only the MAC addresses of all PC\laptop\tablet present in your house. That's what I do to keep my wifi secured at home.

I have it pw protected and my wife is the only one with the pw which gets changed regularly. I don't feel that its in my router setting. No matter how good of a computer ive had et seems to lag more on some servers, so im guessing its isp related, or my network card itself?

I personally don't see an issue with your WinMTR report that makes me think "call your ISP".

Hmm... if anything your video card speaks out to me the most; what version of AMD Catalyst and OpenGL are you using? Just right click on your desktop and click AMD Catalyst Control Center, and then navigate to Information -> Software and you'll get a window like this:

post-9897-0-79688100-1409811606_thumb.png

I personally don't see an issue with your WinMTR report that makes me think "call your ISP".

Me too, aside his huge ping on the server, there's no issues between him and his ISP and almost no packets loss. His cfg owns all the proper settings, like he mentioned vsyn is disabled on his AMD panel and firewall turned off while gaming.

Edited by Ann!b@l

• Administrators

Run winMTR for silent1.clan-fa.com

for 100 packets.

You should have ping around 50 - 80. I believe it's routing issue somewhere by nlayer. I will see what I can do. 

For game lag post some lagometer screenshots.

• Like 1

yea thanks guys I have the latest driver for amd that was the first step before I posted here, unfortunately I forgot to post things like that my bad.

daredevil I will post some lagometer ss aswell as wintmr silent tomorrow night

I sure do appreciate all the responses

• 2 weeks later...

Yelling at our management will get nobody anywhere. We've (as a clan) been busy with gamedays, keeping tabs on trouble players, etc. I assure you though that this has not gone forgotten.