Pidgin, Firefox, and Winamp in game play

thundercunt

Any one know of a way I can run ET along with other programs at the same time and be able to view them while the game is running? Like Pidgin, Firefox, Winamp? :thanks

how do you run the game in windowed mode. It always goes to full screen. In my other games Alt + Tab works fine no matter what the game res. :thanks

Its kinda hard but ill do ma best cos im at school now, :hmm

1- Start ET

2- go to options

3- set your game res to your desktop res

4- where it sais fullscreen, press it to windowed mode

5- press apply / ok (cant remember what it sais lol)

6- exit and restart ET

number 6 you CAN do because i had a problem where the ET window would shift past my desktop window, by restarting it it rebinds all textures, also if you still have that problem, post me your desktop res and the size of your screen :thumbsup

or from console do:

/r_fullscreen 0; vid_restart

to go to windowed mode. to go back to fullscreen do:

/r_fullscreen 1; vid_restart

as long as your game resolution is smaller than your desktop resolution it will appear as a window and you can hit the windows key ( opens the start menu ) to be able to move the mouse cursor around and use any other open applications. if your desktop resolution is the same as game, it will "be" a window but it will take up the whole screen so you'll need to alt-tab to switch active programs.

i have two monitors, so i can have other stuff open on my 2ndary display =D

.. and my G15 keyboard can control winamp from the media buttons on the keyboard =D

if you have an old monitor and an extra plug on your video card you can try that too.