Name of the Game: Terraria

Type of game: Action-Adventure Sandbox

Cost: $9.99 on Steam

Terraria is an open-ended sandbox 2D game with gameplay revolved around exploration, building, and action. The game has a 2D sprite tile-based graphical style reminiscent of the 16-bit sprites found on the SNES. The game is noted for its classic exploration-adventure style of play, similar to titles such as Metroid and Minecraft. From the experience I had from playing it, there are many NPCs available to the player to use to your advantage. As well as exploring, the player must also survive the night from hostile mobs, an aspect commonly found in adventure games. 

Pros: Freedom (AKA sandbox), Simplistic-done-right

Cons: Hard to understand/get into, controls 

All in all, Terraria is a game that you're going to love or hate to death. Unfortunately, I did not have anyone to share the experience with, something vital to enjoying the game, in my opinion. I simply could not get myself to like this game at all. I didn't know what to do, or what the point is. I hate the relate it to MInecraft, but I mean, at least in Minecraft after some time of playing I easily got the game of what to do. However, a lot of people love the game. I suggest buying it with a friend, and playing it with him/her, for a more enjoyable experience. 

I rate this game, from my experience, a 6.5/10..... :/

(I tried to add pictures, but it wouldn't let me "Use this file extension" -_- Sorry for blandness)

When I first played it with a friend he didn't know what to do either, but I looked up what I had to do to be prepared a bit.

It was hard to have fun but as soon as I got the hang of it and had the idea of how things worked it instantly became the game I played for that week and did almost everything except the hardest 2 boss nights. (too lazy to set up the arena :P)

First playthrough I NEVER looked at the wiki and figured everything out by myself, even figured out the hellstone trick myself => doesn't work anymore (finished all hardmode bosses without looking at the wiki). Took me about 80h.

At this point I have 221h clocked according to Steam.

It's for sure a lot more fun with friends, but for loot whores like me it's a really enjoyable game by itself. For sure in my top 5 steam games ^^