Problems with et

Sabby123

you have 2 people on that router both .lol try to look see if its capped at your pc.lol   ash might have all your bndwidth.lol

need to know pc specs and operating system.. i get better performance from et out of older nvidia drivers then new ones.updated drivers some times are not the answer.  so many possibilities with  no info.

if you could post your cfg that would help too.

i see you say its a desktop .  and your nic card wont update hum replace it there like 23 bucks.

Well ash is not on my router now as his pc is now broke so only mine is connected

have you tried removing nvidia drivers yet and install the oldest one you have? hope no running programs at the background?

I cannot do that as i had to unistall all old drivers on my graphics card and i shut down all my progammes even my antivirus i turn off everything

you have 2 people on that router both .lol try to look see if its capped at your pc.lol   ash might have all your bndwidth.lol

need to know pc specs and operating system.. i get better performance from et out of older nvidia drivers then new ones.updated drivers some times are not the answer.  so many possibilities with  no info.

if you could post your cfg that would help too.

i see you say its a desktop .  and your nic card wont update hum replace it there like 23 bucks.

If you had bothered to read the previous posts in this thread you would know that the config was already provided as well as the system specs. They are both experiencing the same packet loss. ET rarely uses more than 16kb/s down or up and even if they were being throttled that's an entirely different, and irrelevant, issue as the game would still be playable. 

bLade., on 25 Sept 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:snapback.png

If the problem still occurs and your game is still laggy with the drivers up date, try these (ingame of course); 

/cl_packetdup 0 

/set pb_sleep 500 (best lag reducer of all   :D)

/set com_hunkmegs 256

/set cl_maxpackets 30

/set com_maxfps 76 

/set cg_autorate 1

/set cg_optimizepredition 0

/set cg_smoothclients 0

/r_lodbias 2

/r_mode 3

Hope this helped 

/cl_packetdup 0 - The OP is experiencing packet loss. Turning packet duplication off would increase the problem instead of making it better. The only time cl_packetdup should ever be 0 is when your FPS is capped at 43 with 43 max packets on a stable connection.

/cl_maxpackets 30 - ET automatically changes this setting based on your FPS which is why a stable capped value is so important.

/cg_optimizeprediction - This should never be disabled.

@Medusa

You are pointing the blame in the dark instead of listening to reason. Technology does what it is told to do until it's told otherwise or something breaks. Since the problem persists across multiple machines going through the same router it's likely that something is broken. You continue to insist that your internet connection is fine even though experienced users and the winmtr reports have told you otherwise. I implore you to replace the router and contact your ISP.

Regards,

xenozbad

@xenozbad

I dont have a router its a modem its called a super hub also i have rang my isp a few times and they insist my connection is fine but i will ring them again

@xenozbad

I dont have a router its a modem its called a super hub also i have rang my isp a few times and they insist my connection is fine but i will ring them again

Just ask to speak with a supervisor and tell them that the winmtr report is showing packet loss from the beginning. Standard support will keep you jumping through hoops.

Regards,

xenozbad

• Leader

bLade., on 25 Sept 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:snapback.png

/cl_packetdup 0 - The OP is experiencing packet loss. Turning packet duplication off would increase the problem instead of making it better. The only time cl_packetdup should ever be 0 is when your FPS is capped at 43 with 43 max packets on a stable connection.

/cl_maxpackets 30 - ET automatically changes this setting based on your FPS which is why a stable capped value is so important.

/cg_optimizeprediction - This should never be disabled.

I see that you fixed the spelling below the Quote. I posted this under the original post quoted from:

should this be cg_optimizeprediction ?

I see that you fixed the spelling below the Quote. I posted this under the original post quoted from:

The cvar is for the optimized prediction routines that smooth out the visual effects of lag. The cvar is cg_optimizeprediction and the original post that this was quoted from simply has a typo. It applies a minute amount of network overhead and should be left alone. 

Regards,

xenozbad

• Like 1

The issue with them saying it's the game is that it's happening on two separate installations. winmtr is not a game. Did you ask to speak with a supervisor? I suppose the best course of action now is to replace the modem. If that doesn't fix it there is nothing left but the connection itself. 

Regards,

xenozbad

Uhm, I read thruuuuuu this looong topic and I wanna help too!  lets try with Et if U play it still....go in ET icon,PROPERTIES and try win7,xp, to run under,start ET as Administrator

try to write in conzole /cl_maxpackets 100 , /rate 32000  , set recommented settings

Uhm, I read thruuuuuu this looong topic and I wanna help too!  lets try with Et if U play it still....go in ET icon,PROPERTIES and try win7,xp, to run under,start ET as Administrator

try to write in conzole /cl_maxpackets 100 , /rate 32000  , set recommented settings

ive tried that didnt work but getting a new pc tomoz so will see if et lags on that if not then i got to see why it does on this pc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...