Requier your help with my lags please

WeeD BladE

Hello guys !

I am new on your servers, a friend of mine who played ET some years ago and started to re-play, told me to install the game (find in yours download link) and come to your servers.

But for unknown reasons, I'm having a lots of lags and fps issues when I'm connected on Jay-1, around 15-20 fps in fight and 50-90 when I'm far away from the fights.

I want to say that my friend who has a pc older than me has no trouble at all.. :S

If you could help me fix it, i would be really greatful guys. I put many config to none (like low quality sky) to increace fps or /cl_maxpackets 100 but nothing worked..

However, thanks alot for helping me.

Bye,

WeeD Blade

I dont know if you need more :S

Yes, mainly the type and model of your graphic card.

If you could post a screenshot (press F11) of your weak fps with lagometer turned on (\cg_lagometer 1), this might also help to spot the issue.

So for my GC : AMD Radeon R7 200 series.

Ok, so open your console, type this:\r_primitives 2 (or change\add this cvar into your cfg in this way:seta r_primitives "2") and see how things go.

Force the disabling of vsync setting on your AMD graphic card:

By the way, make sure your graphic card driver is up to date.

It might be also caused by your video card drivers. The best option is to manually download exact drivers needed to this card and install it (remember to uninstall the previous ones). 

It might be also caused by your video card drivers. The best option is to manually download exact drivers needed to this card and install it (remember to uninstall the previous ones). 

Lets start by simple things and see how it goes before removing anything mate. ;)

Edited by Ann!b@l

Ha! :) Not the first time spikes were caused by automatically installed drivers :) Well,  we'll see :)

And sometimes it's simply some settings that AMD or Nvidia set as default in first instance and then changed later because of some issues\complaints reported on their respective forum. So you could think it was the install while in reality it was due to settings. But yes a bad install can happen too.  ;)

• Like 1

Well, it seems to be perfect now, I think \r_primitives was the key to it ! :)

Thanks very much Annibal and Unknown* ^^ If the lags come back when the server is full, i'll let you know.

Tchao