Left4Dead 2 Gaming Server

daredevil

I just want to add a tip for those who are not familiar to Left 4 Dead 2 server browser:

For some reason, the standard browser won't show up any dedicated server. I don't know why valve never fixed this or maybe they just want to hide it but anyways, to fix this you have to use the legacy server browser. Just open console and type "openserverbrowser" and you will get the list of all servers like any other game.

I'll download it again tonight and check it out.

I just want to add a tip for those who are not familiar to Left 4 Dead 2 server browser:

For some reason, the standard browser won't show up any dedicated server. I don't know why valve never fixed this or maybe they just want to hide it but anyways, to fix this you have to use the legacy server browser. Just open console and type "openserverbrowser" and you will get the list of all servers like any other game.

Hmm I didn't know about this nor have I heard about it. I'll have to contact my peeps.

looks like i will be downloaded. Will be given a admin command list when up and running?

Admin mods will come later. Currently our main focus is server setup and making sure the config works. As well we will have to make sure the admin mod doesn't over lap the commands in the config. :P

So excited about this!   :D  Thank you so much!

You better be. This has killed my brain. Hehehehehehe!

• Like 3

I just tried to join server but could not see where to put the ip address. Did some searching and found out I had to enable the Developer Console Feature under options/Keyboard.This enables the console via the ~ key and I was able to connect to our ip. Am I doing it right? 

• Like 1

I just tried to join server but could not see where to put the ip address. Did some searching and found out I had to enable the Developer Console Feature under options/Keyboard.This enables the console via the ~ key and I was able to connect to our ip. Am I doing it right? 

Correct

• Like 1

@Thundercats 

^^^

Do that and then you can use the console to connect to our server. 

Or that.

There should be a way to see all dedicated steam group servers. I will look into it later this week. I know I was having an issue because of wifi connection.