Help!I can't play ET servers

fat teddy bear

hi guys,

my problem started last night when I can''t open to any of FA servers. When i click on FA REcruiting or any other server buttons in the game, nothing happens. It just remains in the same page. I did not change any config or done anything to my laptop! it just stopped working!

help! :(

Heya,

Make sure you're running ET as an administrator (http://www.dark-alchemy.com/wiki/index.php/Enemy_Territory_Configuration_files#Administrator_privilages), and then download and run our PK3 cleaner from here: http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

That should solve the issue of the menu not working.

• Like 1

Heya,

Make sure you're running ET as an administrator (http://www.dark-alchemy.com/wiki/index.php/Enemy_Territory_Configuration_files#Administrator_privilages), and then download and run our PK3 cleaner from here: http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

That should solve the issue of the menu not working.

hi xernicus.. thanks for your prompt reply.. i followed your instructions accordingly but still the same problem :( it says bad server address?

Edited by fat teddy bear

Hmmm.... what if you type /connect jay1.clan-fa.com? That should connect you to Recruiting. if not, then it looks like you've got a DNS issue. ;)

Yes there is sometimes problem while connecting through F|A  menu . Best is to know simple and easiest way to connect . Start ET , open console and type

For jay1:   /connect jay1.clan-fa.com

For jay2:  /connect jay2.clan-fa.com

• Like 4

hi yoyo.. thanks for reply...

unfortunately it is happening again.. i thought the problem was gone when i manage to get into the server.. i tried your way but still the same ol problem!

do you think reinstalling might solve the problem?

Yes there is sometimes problem while connecting through F|A  menu . Best is to know simple and easiest way to connect . Start ET , open console and type

For jay1:   /connect jay1.clan-fa.com

For jay2:  /connect jay2.clan-fa.com

Did anything changed on your pc lately? Like new firewall, antivirus, router or any other software\hardware. You could also download our pk3 cleaner and give it a try. Keep the re-installation of ET as a last resort. If it's not related to ET this might be useless and the problem still present.

• Like 1

Since it was solved for a moment, isn't there anything xern told you, you don't do anymore? Do you always run enemy territory as an administrator?

Sounds like dns-issue...what xernicus said already. I have that too now and then. Just connect with the IP address then instead of the URL. (e.g. connect jay1.clan-fa.com:27960 -> connect 8.9.4.227:27960)

Edited by S3ti

hello all! i tried all the methods as suggested in this thread but didnt work so i asked buck and he said just to launch the game thru xfire.. somehow it actually worked!! weird! :) but thanks guys for all the solutions!! appreciate it alot! ET is my only entertainment now after my surgery! so i was desperate to get on! hehe..

• Leader

...so i asked buck and he said just to launch the game thru xfire.. somehow it actually worked!! weird! :) ...

That is very interesting as I have read other posts here blaming xfire-launching for messing up their ET, etc..!   :)

• Like 1