Scambaiting, anyone?

Ackmey

Assuming you're someone familiar with the 419 scam - you know those emails claiming: "One of your long distant relatives has died, there is 3.4 million dollars waiting to be transferred you your account!" Or, "I'm suffering from a grave illness please help me!!!"

Well, head here to 419eater.com. Fun fun for everyone! (Except the scammers!) :twisted:

I just set up a gmail account specifically for scambaiting, and after 3 posts in 3 guestbooks around the 'net, and two hours of waiting, I got two emails telling me I've got millions of dollars just waiting around the corner... let's see how long I can make them think I'll pay up for "setting up accounts" and "transferring the money to me". :D

Yeah but seems kind of dangerous linking yourself in any way to a scam. One day the FBI will come knocking at your door... lol ;)

Yeah but seems kind of dangerous linking yourself in any way to a scam. One day the FBI will come knocking at your door... lol ;)

It's not illegal, or morally wrong, as far as I'm concerned... they wanna steal my money, so I mess with them a lil'. B)

@ skull - you mean norton?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do this. Write back and tell them you are very excited but you need some more details. Make them get creative and have a laugh at what crap they send you. Tell them you want the family photos your uncle in Nigeria left behind, or you have the "tax payment" they want all ready to send but you need his birth certificate. It's fun.