Crazy fps fluctuation, mostly low.

Luzhin

Pretty much curious if anyone has any idea why I'd be having the issue. Also it doesn't seem to matter much if i have settings maxed or lowered to nothing. That includes hopping into the config to change everything as low as it gets. 

But generally i get frames as bad as 20-25. 

intel core i5 4670k

8 gigs ram

amd radeon r9 270x

win 7 64bit

I generally run anything else i play on ultra/high. 

My laptop which has 1.6ghz proc, integrated graphics and 6gb ram had less problems, with low settings of course. 

Is it only for certain maps?  Do you have any issues in GoldRush (original version)?  If its only certain maps, chances are they didnt build the map correctly.  Try capping your FPS.  I usually cap it at 76 for FPS-unfriendly maps.  I use 125 otherwise.

com_maxfps 125
forcefps 125

I am having a similar problem, and it seems no matter what settings I am on, high or low, everything is crazy choppy.. Any ideas would be welcome as I am trying to record some game play..

The weird thing is, I play COD and Titanfall on full settings with great fps, I would think I could play ET no problem..

It's a bug with the drivers for ATI cards, iirc. I don't know the ins and outs but what Vanaraud said will help a bit. It won't get you back up to 125fps but it should get you about 90fps, maybe a little less.

• Like 1

I would think I could play ET no problem..

Yeaaah you play ET :) maybe someday we see in Jay2. I know that we have big timedifference and when i play you are sleeping and when you play i sleeping. But im hopefully that we see someday in Jay2 :)

• Like 1

Yeaaah you play ET :) maybe someday we see in Jay2. I know that we have big timedifference and when i play you are sleeping and when you play i sleeping. But im hopefully that we see someday in Jay2 :)

That would be fun.. We should all live in the same time zones hehe