My Surgery

amberstarr

Okay, as many of you know, I have to have a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist. Tomorrow I go to the doctors to find out if they will confirm the surgery for the final time and set a date. Now, this means a few things. 

1. Please do NOT give me a hard time if I play and am being a bit sucky. 
  2. My hand will hurt a lot so please do not give me a hard time about being active.
  3. I will be sleeping A LOT so bear with me if you need me for something and give it a day or so.
  4. And finally, just wish me luck.

The cyst is wrapped around my nerves and tendons in my hand. So, if we do confirm the surgery, the procedure will be longer and more painful. My hand hurts a lot as it is so I may be a bit whiny. I will refrain from being a complete baby however. 

Like I said just please wish me luck and bear with me.

• Like 1

Still gonna make fun of you for playing sucky.

Sorry, that's just how I roll.

giphy.gif

Otherwise good luck. Surgery sucks ass. Thankfully you're young. It'll be a breeze for ya. Best wishes!

• Like 2

• Leader

I wish you luck, too.  I hope your ganglions become pretty again, because what I just googled is pretty ugly! :)   

• Like 1

can we chip in to get your vocal cords removed too..... :money:

I jest, I jest..No really I do.  I get how hand/wrist problems are nothing to take lightly, I had my hand crushed/ripped apart in a industrial accident when I was right out of high school, they put it back together fine, you can barely see scaring, however I have limited use of one finger and no use of the other so yeah, go luck with the surgery and I am sure you will be fine....just don't talk to the surgeon

sorry couldn't resist :lol2:

• Like 3

How about this. Don't play until your fully healed. That way nobody will hear you whine and think the only reason they killed you is because you just had surgery. :P

• Like 3

• Clan Friend

good luck.

In the past I had something similar (I think, not sure if it's exactly the same thing. It was a small thing in the wrist, where the tendon for the thumb goes) but I recovered without surgery, just with rest. My doctor told me I needed surgery but I waited. It lasted quite a lot and it was really painful (and I still played some ET, I know I shouldn't have...)

ofc I'm not a doctor and I don't know anything about your case maybe I was just lucky, I can still see a slight difference in that spot if I compare my right wrist with the left, but now it doesn't hurt anymore. And I'm extra careful because I'm prone to this kind of injuries. I also had carpal tunnel syndrome (recovered without surgery as well, but it took years in that case).

I wish you a quick recovery

You'll be just fine Amber, good luck! Hopefully I'll get to see you on server sometime soon! (And yes, I will probably have to snicker a little bit when something happens, but that's all in the game :D

• Like 1