New Mouse? Any Suggestions?

Yammy

any razer mouse is an excellent high-sensitivity gaming mouse but IMO they are too high strung and not comfortable enough for everyday use. i've been through a couple of copperheads ( they felt nice in the hand ) and both of them the button mechanism wore out in about 1-2 years. i've got a G5 7-button now and it seems a little sturdier, and only a small bit less responsive than a razer that costs twice as much. something to be said for being mega-corporation MS rather than small-time niche market company razer i guess; same quality for half the cost.

whatever you get, make sure it has enough buttons for you, and above all it should be comfortable. kensington makes the most comfortable mice i've ever laid hands on but they don't make models with all the buttons and DPI i wanted.. but lay your hands on whatever you are interested in because comfort is very very important i think.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any razer mouse is an excellent high-sensitivity gaming mouse but IMO they are too high strung and not comfortable enough for everyday use. i've been through a couple of copperheads ( they felt nice in the hand ) and both of them the button mechanism wore out in about 1-2 years. i've got a G5 7-button now and it seems a little sturdier, and only a small bit less responsive than a razer that costs twice as much. something to be said for being mega-corporation MS rather than small-time niche market company razer i guess; same quality for half the cost.

whatever you get, make sure it has enough buttons for you, and above all it should be comfortable. kensington makes the most comfortable mice i've ever laid hands on but they don't make models with all the buttons and DPI i wanted.. but lay your hands on whatever you are interested in because comfort is very very important i think.

That is what I thought, at first, but the Deathadder fits better than any mouse I've ever used.

• Administrators
i never had a deathadder. my hands are big do you have big hands?? lol.

Thats why i like MX or G5 series. :D

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread but i need to put my $.02c in.

I use a mac pro and I was using the flat magic mouse from apple and it worked nice but my hands couldn't get it all done with all those keys on the keyboard. I took out an old cheap microsoft mouse and found depressing the scroll wheel made a nice timed grenade launch, something the flat apple mouse didn't have but i have no program to speed up the mouses movements on the old microsoft mouse so its really slow. I bought a Razer Naga on mon and don't like it. first thing i noticed was the glossy portion on the side of the mouse made my fingers stick too much. Then it was buggy and i had a prob with blowing myself up after re-spawn the grenade pin got pulled without me pushing my scroll wheel and it wouldn't release out of my hand, that happened a few times and i was like this is ridiculous i have to get a diff mouse, the rat 7 is a bit fugly but having it fit my hand and the customized buttons will we worth it. I'd still use the keyboard no matter how many mouse buttons i could have like on the naga. I will use the programmable mouse buttons for throwing nades and slicing and switching guns at most. using them to constantly run or change position puts awkward hand pressure on the mouse like when ui tried using it that way on my failed naga experience.

Well it looks sexy thats true.. but technically you will not need more then 2000dpi even though if u play at 1680*1050 resolution. If anyone can handle the 2000dpi i.e. .0005 inches (or .0127 millimeters) they should be neurosurgeon. IMO even Windows XP pointer ballistic are broken at high DPI and thats why gaming mouse have their own firmwares, drivers and modification.

Also, with less DPI you will not hit the maximum acceleration of the mouse i.e you wouldn't experience negative acceleration if the mouse is good.

he's right i just tested a Razer naga and anything at 3000 and up is so twitchy, it moves to fast for your eyes to lock onto and understand your environment. Not sure why they make that a selling point like it matters or something if its un usable.

I am returning my Razer Naga because i didn't like the feel and it wsa a bit buggy on my mac so i ordered a mad catz cyborg rat 7. I should get it tomorrow or friday. Totally customizable for any hand.

I have had the rat 7 for a week now and the Razer Naga went back to best buy. When you compare the two its like the naga is all profit for the company because it is a cheap piece of plastic with cheap buttons and the rat 7 is a solid metal chassis with weights, scroll and solid feeling construction. I am still working on getting used to using the buttons as i have programmed them. I prefer fewer buttons as opposed to the many the naga has. Theres so many options for customizing, if you get a naga you adjust your hand to getting used to the mouse, with the rat 7 you adjust the mouse to your hand. Enough said.

I have a razer diamondback 3G and its the best mouse I ever owned. Think this is the 3 or 4 year I have it now.

And one of the best things with it is the "on the fly sensetiv" and the 4 extra buttons. Im using one of the extra buttons to throw Nades. Its azum!