New Mouse? Any Suggestions?

Yammy

I'm tryin' to find a new mouse to buy. I currently have a 2k DPI Microsoft Sidewinder, but it's buttons stick. I'm wondering if anyone on the forums has any suggestions as to what to get.

Thanks in Advance.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like my Razer Copperhead.. which if am not mistaken has the highest dpi of the Razer mice (2000). Nice shape, you can choose whether you use the software of not. Easy to change the sensitivity and other settings on the go so you don't even came to exit your game :) All in all a very good buy.

• Administrators

MX optical series should work best so far rather then laser ones. They have less negative acceleration rather then laser ones and less pixel skipping and comes with 3 years warranty compare to 1 yr of razer if i am not wrong.

I use G5 and i have sidewinder(sucker big sucker) too. Go for optical ones and dont spend on over rated laser mouse.

I really like my Razer Copperhead.. which if am not mistaken has the highest dpi of the Razer mice (2000). Nice shape, you can choose whether you use the software of not. Easy to change the sensitivity and other settings on the go so you don't even came to exit your game :) All in all a very good buy.

Actually I think the Lachesis has 4k DPI

MX optical series should work best so far rather then laser ones. They have less negative acceleration rather then laser ones and less pixel skipping and comes with 3 years warranty compare to 1 yr of razer if i am not wrong.

I use G5 and i have sidewinder(sucker big sucker) too. Go for optical ones and dont spend on over rated laser mouse.

I got the G5 a few months ago, I guess I'll whip it out and try it again.

Yeah, might be.. still better than most of them lol :P plus it looks sexier :P

• Administrators

Yeah, might be.. still better than most of them lol :P plus it looks sexier :P

Well it looks sexy thats true.. but technically you will not need more then 2000dpi even though if u play at 1680*1050 resolution. If anyone can handle the 2000dpi i.e. .0005 inches (or .0127 millimeters) they should be neurosurgeon. IMO even Windows XP pointer ballistic are broken at high DPI and thats why gaming mouse have their own firmwares, drivers and modification.

Also, with less DPI you will not hit the maximum acceleration of the mouse i.e you wouldn't experience negative acceleration if the mouse is good.

Well it looks sexy thats true.. but technically you will not need more then 2000dpi even though if u play at 1680*1050 resolution. If anyone can handle the 2000dpi i.e. .0005 inches (or .0127 millimeters) they should be neurosurgeon. IMO even Windows XP pointer ballistic are broken at high DPI and thats why gaming mouse have their own firmwares, drivers and modification.

Also, with less DPI you will not hit the maximum acceleration of the mouse i.e you wouldn't experience negative acceleration if the mouse is good.

I always found that the maximum acceleration is best for gaming. Unless you config it, you can easily spin 180 degrees in about .395 seconds, which is faster than some blink. Though some find it easier to move slowly and adapt to the situation, many I have spoken to play at maximum for faster movement and easier turns. By the way, try for 4k at 1680*1050, it impossible.

*By the way, what do you mean by negative acceleration? I know the concept of it, but what do you mean by eliminating it?

So all in all what are you saying lol that 2000dpi is as good as you really need it? I don't know much about all those technical details that you are talking about.. all I can really say is from my own experience and without a doubt this mouse has helped with my skills a lot.. and i know i know i am not very good lol, but still I can feel the difference :)

I would never have even thought of buying it cos I am not a pro gamer etc etc. But it was a gift.. and has turned out to be better than i would have ever expected lol

• Administrators
So all in all what are you saying lol that 2000dpi is as good as you really need it? I don't know much about all those technical details that you are talking about.. all I can really say is from my own experience and without a doubt this mouse has helped with my skills a lot.. and i know i know i am not very good lol, but still I can feel the difference :)

I would never have even thought of buying it cos I am not a pro gamer etc etc. But it was a gift.. and has turned out to be better than i would have ever expected lol

No i am basically saying high DPI is just marketing stuff. Don't get trap into it. You hardly need 2000 DPI if you play at hight resolutions. Laser mouse are not as perfect as optical mouse at the moment in tracking.

I always found that the maximum acceleration is best for gaming. Unless you config it, you can easily spin 180 degrees in about .395 seconds, which is faster than some blink. Though some find it easier to move slowly and adapt to the situation, many I have spoken to play at maximum for faster movement and easier turns. By the way, try for 4k at 1680*1050, it impossible.

*By the way, what do you mean by negative acceleration? I know the concept of it, but what do you mean by eliminating it?

Negative acceleration is different at different DPI. If you play at around 1000dpi for G5 you will hardly notice one but if you go up and lower the ingame sense then you may hit it. The mouse always track well if you move it within the given specs of maximum acceleration. But specs are taken in ideal non used condition.

With less DPI you will make less errors. If you have G5 don't spend any more money and thats also decent mouse for PUB regulars like us.

I use 800dpi, 500Hz polling rate and 3.0 game sense with mouse pointer speed set on 6th notch in setpoint. Don't go above or below 6th notch and you will skip pixels and hence HS.

If you are looking for a cheaper mouse, go with the Microsoft Optical Comfort 3000.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Optical-Mouse-D1T-00002/dp/B000A6NV0U

I used it for a good 6 months with relatively no issues. I only switched to a high end mouse when I began to scrim and started playing in leagues.