ET on OSX 10.8.5 help please!

xDingDongWang

Currently im using an imac g5 with a fairly old OSX system to play ET which works all fine.

Im going away soon for 2 months and i would like to be able to play ET on my macbook pro, which is using OSX 10.8.5.

I downloaded ET 2.60b4 and tried to run it but nothing loaded and it said "application not responding"

Am i using a too early version of ET?

I know that i could use a windows emulator to run it but i also know that they're very slow and a pain to use. I could also use cross over and install windows to my mac but i don't have enough space on my hardrive to cater for window's needs.

Is there any other way of playing ET on the newer OSX's? Does anyone else use a mac running OSX 10.8.5 or later to play ET?

Thanks peeps! 

I know nothing about osx, so the only thing I can do for you is start the conversation by a similar topic I found on another forum.

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/38223-Game-wont-load-at-all-under-OSX-10-9-Mavericks

There is some guy there who made a fix, but it apparently causes some package loss.

"I've wasted the whole Saturday on this, so I would really appreciate if you could try it out:http://mirror.etlegacy.com/etlegacy-...-dirty-git.zip [~241mb]"

Might be worth a try?

• 3 weeks later...

There's an even better solution now so even peeps with OSX Mavericks can play(only on silent,nitro and etlegacy mods for the moment it seems) their beloved ET.  At the time of writing there's an installer. Just remember to copy the original pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3, pak2.pk3 (for legal reasons they aren't included in the installation) files from the original  "/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain/" folder into the new "/Applications/ET Legacy/etmain" folder and  you're good to go. Enjoy! :-)

PEACE.

Lt. Mandinghino

Edited by mandinghino

Heya Mandi,

They have done quite a bit of work on their OSX port now, and it should be compatible with all mods, now JayMod is confirmed on their site.
http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/61726-macbook-os-x/?do=findComment&comment=539325

DingDong,

I know quite a bit about old PPC macs, in fact they are a hobby of mine, so if you need some help or replacement parts, etc ever, let me know.

• Like 2

Heya Mandi,

They have done quite a bit of work on their OSX port now, and it should be compatible with all mods, now JayMod is confirmed on their site.

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/61726-macbook-os-x/?do=findComment&comment=539325

DingDong,

Hey Dingdong :-)

Thank you very much for helping with the ET issues on Mavericks. Let's hope Yosemite the next OSX version runs ET:Legacy smoothly too.

It might be just me but like I said in the previous post not all mods are compatible with the Mac OSX(Other platforms don't have problems it seems) ET legacy version at the moment of writing. This isn't going to be an issue in the future as more modders compile their mods for recent platforms ;-)

CHEERS!

Lt. Mandinghino

Dang I wish I would have waited for this port. Oh well boot camping my mac was the best decision I made, being able to actually play games other than the slim pickings that is Mac-friendly.

Love my OSX for production, music, etc, but it's balls when it comes to games. This is really cool though I'm gonna have to try out the port, last time I did with Mavericks it didn't work. Fingers crossed.

tl;dr Bootcamp your Mac!

• 3 months later...