I bet u can't pronounce this poem.

Reallity

This is so freaking funny :DDD Thanks Kat0n now I can't stop listen this

Then you'll like this...

• Like 3

• Clan Friend

It's in English so..Unless your retarded or from a non English speaking country or mordor this is not a test. :P Keep practicing, you'll get there.

I'm from Mordor :)

Anyway, it beats me why they din't make a writing system where each character has a one-to-one relationship with a sound.

Why don't they use ideograms like Chinese then... if you have to learn spelling and pronunciation separately, it's more or less the same.

• Like 1

Anyway, it beats me why they din't make a writing system where each character has a one-to-one relationship with a sound.

Why don't they use ideograms like Chinese then... if you have to learn spelling and pronunciation separately, it's more or less the same.

Lol yeah cuz chinese is an easy language XD Even the tone of a letter changes the word

• Like 1

• Leader

English is a combination of several languages, resulting in a dissonant linguistic mashup, so to speak. :)

It is a combination of Anglo-Saxon, Latin, Old Norse, and Norman-French, from Germanic, Roman, Viking and Norman invaders over the centuries.  I wonder if it is just the slang from each language.   :)

I believe it has a touch of Mordorian, too!.

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

Lol yeah cuz chinese is an easy language XD Even the tone of a letter changes the word

If I read a word, ideally I want to know how to pronounce it without guessing or knowing anything by heart. (and without learning any rules, possibly, like if letter x is followed by letter y you have to pronounce it in such and such way, and so on).

If I have to memorize it, then I might as well use a symbol like Chinese characters. :P

I don't know if there is such a language where if you know how to pronounce it, you know how to write it and vice-versa. Italian is close to that but still you need some rules and some memorization.

Of course English spelling gives a (big) hint, it's not totally random. (Well, even in Chinese afaik characters having some radicals or parts can give a hint about pronunciation, but I don't speak Chinese so I'm not sure about this)

But if they had to reform spelling everyone would have to learn how to read again, and they would have to reprint everything :D

I guess it's like the layout of keys on computer keyboards, it's not the optimal one, but now we are used to it...

True but then again language would be boring. I believe there is a language not sure which but where for instance plural is just saying the word twice so cat cat is cats :P Not sure if this eases up the pronunciation but it sure makes the grammer easier. I think its either papiamento or malaisian.

• Like 1

• Leader

I don't know if there is such a language where if you know how to pronounce it, you know how to write it and vice-versa. Italian is close to that but still you need some rules and some memorization.

Esperanto?   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

HA!  Wikipedia says it has a flag now!  200px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png

• Like 1