Let's play... Extraction! (aka Dirty Bomb)

Xernicus

I got 2 Extra keys, PM me if you want one =]

Edit: 1 Key left !

Edit: all gone!

Edited by TwstR

Nexon?....

Ew. I may not even bother with this, then.

Anyone remember Combat Arms at all? The biggest hacker game in FPS history? Not sure if I could trust Nexon to not ruin this title.

If F2P, then it will probably eventually become Freemium or P2W :/  Bummed out now :(

• Like 1

I see no hints of a "shop" but most f2p games are p2w, how else would they get paid? :)

Thankfully being in the closed beta gives some rewards.

By offering items of purchase that don't give advantages?! I know! Unheard of, right?!

Guildwars 2 has a shop and it features clothing, pets, and quality of life items like armor repair and banking.

The Secret World makes a lot of money selling clothing for the most part. The closest thing that's P2W is the fact that you can buy QL10 blue weapons, but they're useless fairly quickly.

Good games were very much ruined by P2W mechanics..

A fun game called WolfTeam was ruined after devs started selling powerful wolf forms in pub matches (when normally it's supposed to be only the generic breed). Then they added stronger weapons and even armor. You couldn't buy armor with in game currency...

Last Chaos was a great PvP oriented MMO. The top players however were wallet warriors :/ You could buy healing potions that filled you back to full life instantly. They stacked without cooldown timers. You could buy upgrades that would help max out your weapon and gear to have advantages over others in PvP.

You don't need to make a game P2W to make money. -.- it's a cheap tactic that eventually kills the game from a more open public forum.

I hope they don't go the shop route. it looks fun.  But knowing Nexon, it's more than likely the course they will take. :/ 

Edited by TankGirl<3

Don't get me wrong. I abhor the P2W model but it seems to have become the de facto standard for F2P games, with a few exceptions of course. However, I believe there have been promises of standalone servers so I think there's still hope that this will be a genuine F2P game. Also, from what I've seen on the forums, the devs aren't naive and don't trust Nexon with everything. For instance the AC was thought to be only supplied by Nexon, however one of the devs has confirmed that actually that's not going to be their main AC, and never was going to be, and they have some other devs creating a much better/stronger internal AC for Dirty Bomb.

• 5 weeks later...