OMFG, All my hard work gone.....

soulJAHmon

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Multimillion-dollar-yacht-sinks-near-Anacortes-6-rescued-259794431.html

I can't believe this news I got today, from the supervisor at my new job.  The 85' Luxury yacht, Blood baron, that I worked very hard on for 8 months, listed over and half sunk during launch this weekend, with 6 of my former co-workers aboard. One was trapped, and had to be extricated by axe. A couple went to the hospital, but everyone should be ok. More than likely, it will mean the lay-off of around 100 local tradepeople, many whom I call friends.

That yacht is worth around 20 million. It has 4 decks, multiple staterooms, and was terribly well appointed with all kinds of top drawer amenities, electronics, appliances etc.

As many members already know, I've worked as a boat builder for about 10 years before my current adventure into composites. I personally had a big hand in detailed sketches, some design work, and the hands on crafting of the cabinetry in the crew quarters, master suite, master head, galley, and the skylounge of this yacht. It breaks my heart that so much beautifully crafted woodwork, filled with tons of blood , sweat, and tears, is likely trash now. And so many good folks will probably lose alot of work time, or be looking for new jobs.

I have a well educated guess as to why this happened, but I will not conjecture here.......

All I can say now is OMFG.......

• Like 2

I'm so sorry this happened Soul. While it's good to know that nobody was horribly injured or killed, it's terrible that all of that work is gone. Will they have you guys rebuild it?