What Is The Best Food You Have Ever Made?

amberstarr

I don't have a picture, but I once made chicken stir-fry with olive oil and seasoned with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and then I mixed it with bow-tie pasta. It was fantastic! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm let's see. I love to eat well and a lot and also lots of international dishes. Italian pasta is mostly for during the week (although a more elaborate or time consuming recipe will find its way into my weekends). I love Japanese and Chinese (especially Sechuan) food, and equally adore Thai curries and Indian curries; fortunately the ingredients are easy enough to purchase here where I live and I love using my (kitchen, not ET)mortar in order to make spice mixes on my own such as personalised garam masala. Once in a while I crave the solid southern German kitchen involving components such as Spätzle, potato salad and a roast of some sort.

But my REAL highlight is sushi. I fell in love with it the very first time I tried it. That was in the US and it was pricy and incredibly good. In order to get that grade of fish one would have to pay twice the price here in Germany, which for me as a student is impossible. So one day I decided to teach myself how to make sushi. and it is so much fun and so tasty I make it regularly i.e. once a month or so :)

Here are some pictures, I hope they inspire you!

20140523 210151

20140523 210140

20140510 204850

20140510 204832

20131222 205914

20130105 234739

• Like 2

Hmm let's see. I love to eat well and a lot and also lots of international dishes. Italian pasta is mostly for during the week (although a more elaborate or time consuming recipe will find its way into my weekends). I love Japanese and Chinese (especially Sechuan) food, and equally adore Thai curries and Indian curries; fortunately the ingredients are easy enough to purchase here where I live and I love using my (kitchen, not ET)mortar in order to make spice mixes on my own such as personalised garam masala. Once in a while I crave the solid southern German kitchen involving components such as Spätzle, potato salad and a roast of some sort.

But my REAL highlight is sushi. I fell in love with it the very first time I tried it. That was in the US and it was pricy and incredibly good. In order to get that grade of fish one would have to pay twice the price here in Germany, which for me as a student is impossible. So one day I decided to teach myself how to make sushi. and it is so much fun and so tasty I make it regularly i.e. once a month or so :)

Here are some pictures, I hope they inspire you!

where in germany did you say you live?

Mannheim!

have to get down there and try some of that sushi.

you shouldnt put photos that wild on the net. you never know what kind of weirdo you might attract.

• Like 1

Haha thanks Olu, that's kind of flattering. I don't mind attracting weirdos, since I too can get very overexcited and bonkers when I see pictures of sushi. So I can relate, know what I mean...

• Like 1