Lag on most servers (little bit of lag on all)

DeMoNz5700
Go to solution Solved by Ann!b@l,

yeah but it seems that the update i found for my graphics card got rid of that black screen problem i´ve had but had no effect on ET. :C still having 10-100 fps depending og areas and as i said above it doesn´t matter if it´s a big area or a little room only fitting 1 person. so i have really no idea what is going on. it´s such a weird problem..

For AMD Radeon HD graphic cards if u hav updated the driver to the latest version u might hav experienced fps issuz...

i hav an AMD Radeon HD 6310 and 13.12 driver version is working fine since i hav set r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "0" and r_primitives "2"

so no need to roll back to previous driver version.

try this in your cfg, sounds like you got 13.12 for your amd card.

seems r_primitives "2" works just too bad you have to re enter the command all the time you change server or something. but hey that´s life :) Thanks for the help ya all! 

• Solution

-Did you tried to force disabling vsync on your AMD card?

in case you ignore how to procede:

-Increase the hunkmegs and soundmegs in adding these cvars in the path of your shorcut of game like this:

post-7251-0-21801400-1399141772_thumb.png"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 320 +set com_soundmegs 128 +set com_zonemegs 64

once this line added in your shortcut, type these commands again in game like this:

\com_hunkmegs 320

\com_soundmegs 128

\com_zonemegs 64

\vid_restart

-here is a sample of my cfg with the most important settings to improve the fps and get rid of lags if you want:

Annibal.cfg

(\r_primitives 2 added at the cfg for you)

So any of you have a fix for FPS issues? becuase it´s quite anoying to lag in one place and not another.

If needed I will send you a tuto via pm I made for some people here. No promise of success, but in all case it helped most of them to fix their prob of connection or lack of fps.