the name thing

Jacker

hello together!

since yesterday i experience the same name-issue that genji is suffering from since a while...

as soon as i connect to the server (only beginners hc) i'm autokicked, as long as my name is =F|A= Jacker.

here's the names i tried:

F|A Jacker - works

=F|A= JackeR - nope

=F|A= Jackerr - works

=F|A=Jacker - nope

=F|A= Jack0r - works

did anyone solve this yet?

what should i do?

hello together!

since yesterday i experience the same name-issue that genji is suffering from since a while...

as soon as i connect to the server (only beginners hc) i'm autokicked, as long as my name is =F|A= Jacker.

here's the names i tried:

F|A Jacker - works

=F|A= JackeR - nope

=F|A= Jackerr - works

=F|A=Jacker - nope

=F|A= Jack0r - works

did anyone solve this yet?

what should i do?

I would post this problem in the tracker first. Second can you record demo of you connecting and then getting kicked. Second option is giving up Nerds of Duty and start playing ET.

When this happens its usually with steam accounts and its usually because your guid has changed. Since admin is set by guid, when someone who doesnt have your guid uses your name with tags, they get kicked. So we dont have those pesky name hackers tryin to act like us lol. Anyways simple solution go in game type !me, if your guid has changed make a tracker and update your guid in your profile.

If it is not that its probably just cause the server doesnt like you...in that case we will remove your name from the admin list and the rest your levels the old skool way.

• Like 1

well, since i am not using steam, i know where the problem is....

i'm in possession of three working COD4 keys

the oldest one from a game i once borrowed in a shop (think it was around 2008^^), gave back, but kept the key

another one, because i thought i lost the first key - and wanted to play (little later i found it - who would have seen that coming:D)

and the third one from a steelbook, as i wanted to get a collecters edition of the best game i've played during the last (at least) 10 years!

i reset my complete computer a couple of days ago - and so i had to reinstall COD4 as well.

and up to that point i was sure i used the second key - but when i inserted my "old" profiles, they wouldn't work...

connecting to beginners hc, console told me i'm a player - and since i thought it was all about the profiles, i asked kami to set me back up to clan member.

that was done pretty fast, and he asked me about the cd-key - so i tried it - and it worked out! i can use my profiles. but i cannot connect beginners hc anymore, when i'm with my normal name...

is there a way to kill the other guid, that is by now blocking my name?

thanks for the help so far ( + in advance)

jacker

Yeh but we have to go into the server folders...so like i said update your profile to the most current guid. Meaning take tags off and go do !me on server. Then resubmit the last 8. Then let us know when you got it done and we will fix it.