I need some scary movies

Pannic

If you speak spanish, or don't mind subtitles...

Watch [Rec] instead of quarantine. It's the original version and the storyline is decent. [Rec] 2 and Rec 3 to follow up rather nicely and have an interesting spin on the 'infected zombie' genre.

While quarantine was decent, it's still a shitty Hollywood copy. Quarantine 2 isn't even worth the watch. They ruined the real theme behidn the series.

Will totally vouch for VHS 1 and 2. Evil Dead was good.

Couple others I enjoyed: Sinister and Insidious 1 and 2.

What's the plot to VHS? I've heard of it but never seen it

Sid you're right about the movie Quarantine it was the shitty one, I could not remember the name of the Spanish one, REC is a much much better film, thanks for correcting me 

What's the plot to VHS? I've heard of it but never seen it

There isn't a real big plot exactly.

Basically there's a main story plot about someone hiring someone else to retrieve a certain VHS tape from someone's home (both movies have this similar story). These people have no idea what the tape is, so when they break in, they end up watching like 4-5 of the VHS tapes scattered around while looking for the right VHS tape.

Every short(tape) is filmed in old school VHS quality so it has that authentic feel. The first movie is a bit better than the second, but the second is entertaining nonetheless. Both parts are basically anthology movies with a mini wrap around plot. I really enjoyed them though. Great for horror movie get togethers because it's more like a 'scary stories' series.

Also another one I'd recommend if you enjoy the found footage genre : Grave Encounters. It's filmed in a spoof of like Paranormal Estate or Ghost Hunters. Very decent for a low budget cam flick. The second part is hit or miss with some people.

I could probably name off a couple hundred more hah. I have an external HDD with like 300 to 400 horror films.

@EMT  Yeah man the Rec series is great. it was hated by a lot of Americans because of the 'reason' for the 'infection'. One thing I will give kudos to for Quarantine 1 is that  it followed REC almost shot for shot.

Edited by SiD the Vicious
  • Like 1

There isn't a real big plot exactly.

Basically there's a main story plot about someone hiring someone else to retrieve a certain VHS tape from someone's home (both movies have this similar story). These people have no idea what the tape is, so when they break in, they end up watching like 4-5 of the VHS tapes scattered around while looking for the right VHS tape.

Every short(tape) is filmed in old school VHS quality so it has that authentic feel. The first movie is a bit better than the second, but the second is entertaining nonetheless. Both parts are basically anthology movies with a mini wrap around plot. I really enjoyed them though. Great for horror movie get togethers because it's more like a 'scary stories' series.

Also another one I'd recommend if you enjoy the found footage genre : Grave Encounters. It's filmed in a spoof of like Paranormal Estate or Ghost Hunters. Very decent for a low budget cam flick. The second part is hit or miss with some people.

I could probably name off a couple hundred more hah. I have an external HDD with like 300 to 400 horror films.

@EMT Yeah man the Rec series is great. it was hated by a lot of Americans because of the 'reason' for the 'infection'. One thing I will give kudos to for Quarantine 1 is that it followed REC almost shot for shot.

Dude that sounds awesome and right up my alley lol I'll definitely have to check that out. I feel like it's on netflix or Amazon prime :D

• 8 months later...