Late appearing of enemies

Vanaraud

I wonder if its only me or what could be the cause of this?

I have ATI HD6950 and 13.9 if I remember right, also r_primitives set to 2.

Occasonally when I come around the corner I notice players only if they´ve been in my FOV for about half a second or so. Even when I´m in firefight, back up behind the corner and I KNOW he has to be in right that spot, but after I jump out of the corner. There isn´t any1 for 0.5s or so. Very annoying and as you can guess gives a big disadvantage. Lagometer is green at 125fps. I´ve noticed my ping jumps high more often lately or is it graphics related?

• Clan Friend

I don't think it can be the gpu... the game renders everything together, it can be ping unstability - unless you play in a server which has a server-side player occlusion (antiwallhack), and poorly designed as well (not taking prediction into account).

I don't even know if there are ET servers running such a thing, so I guess it is lag on your side.

Try to record a demo when it happens

• Platinum VIP

Ive noticed on hc with deli that when I go thrpugh the s-way and somone is running past the elevator when i come around the corner it takes time for them to appear but I think its the only place where I have it, is this a mapissue?

• Like 1

Ive noticed on hc with deli that when I go thrpugh the s-way and somone is running past the elevator when i come around the corner it takes time for them to appear but I think its the only place where I have it, is this a mapissue?

Actually its the same place I´ve encountered it the most, but in jaymod. Also in goldrush it has happened once or twice: the corner before mg nest near tank barrier 1.

• Clan Friend

It can be a map issue as well, obviously if your ping is low you won't notice as much

I think if you go from a zone to another zone in the map, since the server is sending you only infos about players in the same zone, this thing could happen if you have a high ping