Saint-Pierre et miquelon

-=First=-

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I've been surprised this afternoon seeing on silent1 "Saint Pierre et Miquelon"'s flag !

To my opinion, it should be the FRENCH FLAG !!!!!!!!!!!! 

It's actually the non official one which is used there :

1q07.png

hehe, so just wanted to give you my opinion and share about history :)

Now, I think the local flag is a beautiful one and is wearing a whole history of origins and navigation : 

+ with La Grande Hermine's boat of Jacques Cartier (french explorer)
+ 3 flags are included in that one on the left side of it, from up to down :

- Pays Basque's flag (Basque country?)
     - Bretagne's flag (britain? brittany?)
     - Normandie's flag (mine +++)

Enjoy !

• Like 4

That's a cool flag, must agree, but it's not worth the lorraine cross :P And they shouldn't change it imo,l they used different flags to differentiate metropolitan france from dom-tom, and I think it's a smart idea because the timezone here is totally different from metropolitan, it indicates when the player can play, interesting information if he wants to apply. 

Proche du Quebec c'est pas le mot.. Elle fait quasiment partit du Quebec. Et c'est toujours bon de pouvoir parler Français hors de la province du Quebec. => Good language.

And here, speak english please.

@Kat0n : timezone doesn't really count in wolfenstein ^^ as I'm often playing with indians & americans at the same time xD
jk

@Syne : hors-sujet : out of topic the Vendean flag? :P not if you take it as another LOCAL flag I can agree but here's not the LOCAL FLAG TOPIC hahahahha

I'm actually a grand hobbyist of country flags. Thanks for sharing this, First. Appreciate it.

I think someone should make a flag topic if you all want to share your favorite flags etc etc :D

• Like 1

As for Saint Pierre et Miquelon, they do use the French flag I believe, even thought they are not part of metro France. I think that flag is like a regional flag or used in a similar way etc Martinique, Wallis et Futuna, Reunion, etc... I know that they don't participate in Canadian elections, but actively participate / vote in French elections or government things that happen in metro France. They use the Euro via bank of France, and around the island are territorial waters of France (with some nice fishing rights thrown in :P)    

Interesting flag IMO, the top left is the Basque flag...