NEW COMPUTER

mattdg_QC
Go to solution Solved by mattdg_QC,

today i buy a new computer.... i want to know if it very complicated to transfer wolf et  from my old pc to the new, without lose my xp ,et guid,map downloded ,my admin level ...i dont have my new computer for now...but he will ready in evening or tomorow...i just  ask question for warning the trouble...it sure one guy have do that before...thx for you re help guy :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

Just install new install of ET on new PC. from old PC, take file named 'etkey' from etmain folder and email it to yourself.

Take file named 'silent.dat' from Silent folder and email it to yourself.

Then on new PC, download those files, and put into the same folder of new install. Make sure you choose the option to REPLACE previous file on the new installation.

• Like 2

Just transfer the files I mentioned from the old install to the new. If you get into moving maps and shit it becomes a little more advanced, and if you paid someone to move all your old files, I think it might be a little too advanced, so to prevent the possibility of damage, only move the files I told you, and put them where I told you.

You will need to connect to a silent server once ET is installed, to download the mod, and maps will re-download again.

Edited by Antichrist

you can copy and paste, but you should only paste the map files. check the maplist for the servers you like to play on, then copy those maps from your old /etmain folder onto a flash drive and put them in your new /etmain folder. there are going to be a lot of other wierd pk3 files in your /etmain folder, just leave those alone. the servers will automatically download any extra little pk3 you need, like the vsays and mod info. copying the maps will be a lot faster than downloading them again. :)

Edited by staticwarp

• Solution

oup i dont understand this post sorry dude......   my first langage is french really sorry ...when i read for second time  this post ....i understand :lolololololololol :drama

:yahoo :yahoo

Edited by mattdg_QC