Update on Thundercat

vyder

Get better soon mate! I had surgery on my rotator cuff in October of 2013, it takes many months for it to get back to normal, take it easy for the first month or two! Good luck :)

• Like 1

Get well soon man, sucks to hear that it happened but it is good to know that it can be dealt with so quickly.

• Like 1

good morning all!!!! Thanks of the support. A special thanks to Vyder speaking to the wife last night and making this post. this is truly a F|Amily. Okay turns out I had a Type II Labral tear and should not require rotator cuff surgery. Dr thought it would be best to go in right way and take care of it since he thought there might be some nerve issues. So I am home and I am enjoying my drugs. I will try in get in game when i can use my right arm again. Couple of the kiddies will get a chance to play. They know the rules and I will be around watching them to make sure there are no issues 

Type II Labral Tears:

A type II labral tear is when the labrum actually detaches from the bone. In this case, an arthroscopy is usually recommended to repair the labrum. During arthroscopy, anchors are placed into the bone, and stitches attached to the anchors are passed through the labrum. When these stitches are tied, the labrum is pulled back down against the bone so it can heal in the proper location.

After a labral repair, the labrum must be able to heal in place. While it is important to move the shoulder to prevent scar tissue, or a frozen shoulder, from developing, there should only be passive motion of the shoulder. Passive motion is when a physical therapist moves the shoulder for the patient – the patient should not make any active effort to move the shoulder by himself. Usually, these passive motion only restrictions apply for four weeks.

DetachedLabralTear.jpgDetachedLabralTearAfterRepair.jpgA detached, or Type II labral tear, before repair (left) and after repair (right).

Arthroscopy:

Shoulder arthroscopy is generally an outpatient procedure in which the patient goes home the day of surgery. Small incisions (approximately 1cm in length) are made in the shoulder, through which a fiber optic camera and other instruments are inserted to perform the surgery. The shoulder is visually examined, including the cartilage, tendons and bursa of the shoulder. Any necessary procedures, such as a labral repair, are then performed as described above.

• Like 1

Thunder take care man.. Hope you get well soon... Please take it easy for a while and don't play.. Or tell your daughter to shoot while you move around in game with your left hand :P