Problem with patching ET

#ApeGoD

Hey,

I've patched few mins ago ET to 2.6b but it appears to be 2.6 and only few servers on it.. how can I fix this?

additionaly i've spotted when l;ookin for the server that the game seems to freeze for a second, like a fps drop or something..

Edited by #ApeGoD

• Leader

There is no Installer program included in this patch. To upgrade from 2.6 to 2.6b, you have to unzip the file and copy the contents into your Wolfenstein installation folder(not a sub-folder) OVER and replacing your 2.6 files.  

I believe that "ET.exe"and "ETDED.exe" are in the 2.6b zip and should be unzipped and copied over the files of the same names.  If you want to play it safe, copy your current et.exe and etded.exe elsewhere first.

BTW, if you have demo files with dm_82 extensions, you can enable them to play in 2.6b by changing the extensions to dm_84.

• Leader

Your pic shows your exe files with the same dates and times as mine.

Are you running them "as administrator"?  But that should not affect how many servers you see in the browser...

I just ran it without "admin" and I see all the servers in the browser.

Yep, can you help me somehow on xfire maybe? It'll be faster..

you know the annoying thing is that it drops my fps every 3 seconds.. to around 50 but its annoying cause the game freezes for a second and again 3 seconds and freeze..

Edited by #ApeGoD

• Leader

If you have two installations on the same computer, you will have to apply the copy-over to both, or change the shortcut to et.exe to the one you displayed here, the one with 2.6b exe files.

BTW, what is your Operating System?  Just to help the Experts who may see this later.

I just realized that sometimes when you move an exe file, the short cut "stays with" that exe, and will run it when you next click the shortcut.  Did you happen to cut or copy & paste the originals to another location?

Yes, I have made a copy of my et 2.55 on my desktop before i updated just in case.. is this what is wrong? I use Windows7

EDIT: I've deleted the one i had on my desktop, updated the one again to 2.6 and then 2.6b but still nothing.. still 2.6 and fps drop..

And I run the .exe that is in my program files

Edited by #ApeGoD

I've no CFG whatsoever i do everything manually, can I atleast save my maps don't want to redownlaod them again :/

well don't know how slow your internet connection is but downloading a map takes few seconds no :P ?

Yeah it does kinda, but ive experienced that sometimes when i download something for example one map or a pack, i need to disconnect when it starts downloading second pack becuase its just messed up.. had it always but yeah ill delete it. So I just need to save my Etkay?

yes save your ETkey so your guid / xp still is saved for the rest I would simply remove ET and redownload at the link I posted above.
that's updated version of ET