Problem with patching ET

#ApeGoD

I've no CFG whatsoever i do everything manually, can I atleast save my maps don't want to redownlaod them again :/

Cut and paste them and your ETKEY into a different folder then move them back into etmain after you have installed

Cut and paste them and your ETKEY into a different folder then move them back into etmain after you have installed

downloaded installed and everything but now I still have only few servers on my server list + cant download any packs as it kinda freezes like.. emm that the numbers when downloading dont move and i can hear the ET music. Additionaly it disconnects me after few seconds saying im missing paks..

Additionaly, my fps drops to 50 non stop which was stable at 90 in the previous version. When I patched 2.55 to 2.60b i had the little fps drop but my ping was normal 60/90 now its back to 180 so F.. this sh*t...

Edited by #ApeGoD

• Leader

An interesting aside about Vista shortcuts:  I renamed et.exe in my wolfenstein install folder to et000.exe.  I clicked on the shortcut on my desktop to that file and it said 'could not find file'.  I clicked it again and it found another et.exe here:

C:\Users\redbaird\Downloads\ET - FA downloads\ET ver 2.60b\ET 2.6 files\et.exe  and ran it!

That was the backup copy of 2.6 that I made when I installed the 2.6b patch.  BTW, the 2.6 browser worked ok and I could connect to and play on FA jay1.

The irony is that the next folder down was "Win32" where the new 2.6b file was backed up.  If Explorer had not searched in name-order, then it might have found this 2.6b copy and run it and I would not be the wiser, until I looked at the shortcut's properties.

I Tried Everything red.. It was 2.6b then but the fact my fps was droping every 3 sec was frustrating so i decided to install the 2.6b ET clean. It works but still no servers in the server list, maybe few my fps drops every now and then from 90 to 50 / 60 / 45 at some points its really frustraiting but I think I can't do anything about it. I lost XP on Fun1 because didn't backup my silent thingy, well never mind the xp. Ping back to sh*tty again, im kinda gettin closer to throw my pc out the window..

Regarding the fps drops and maybe ping problem:

If you have an amd/ati card do /seta r_primitives 2 in the ET console.

If you have a nvidia card disable "threaded optimization" in the nvidia control panel (you can make a profile for ET only).

As for the server browser idk, never used it in years. Allow ET in your firewall and run the ET.exe as admin. If you can't get it just use some game tracking site like http://et.trackbase.net/serverlist/ or http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist there are more filter options and stuff anyway...

• Like 1

• Leader

http://scr.hu/163v/bbiu8

it says 2.6b in here but on the top of the browser 2.60, still ahve only few servers sometimes even none and my fps is dropping.....

That moving banner in my browser also says version 2.60, though I do have 2.6b running well.

Sorry that we forgot about the "silent thingy", where the silent guid is stored.  There is a topic on that here somewhere.

You could try to host a local server and see how it plays when not connected to the Internet.  I did that but could not get the lagometer to show, though you should be able to feel the lag you describe.  This is just to make sure the problem is not how ET plays on your system.  

Check the FA etkey tutorial,  http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/ just to make sure that 

"Note: On some installations of Windows 7, you may also need to copy your new ETKey file to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\"

is not trued for you, though I don't see how that could be the problem.

1.  Did you just upgrade to win7?

2.  Was ET 2.55 running ok and you only had problems when you tried to update to 2.6b?

3.  You may need to check the firewall settings, because it probably detects the various versions of ET.exe.

4.  I wonder if a background program or process is using cpu cycles or network resources.

Regarding the fps drops and maybe ping problem:

If you have an amd/ati card do /seta r_primitives 2 in the ET console.

If you have a nvidia card disable "threaded optimization" in the nvidia control panel (you can make a profile for ET only).

As for the server browser idk, never used it in years. Allow ET in your firewall and run the ET.exe as admin. If you can't get it just use some game tracking site like http://et.trackbase.net/serverlist/ or http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist there are more filter options and stuff anyway...

okay i will try that, ive nvida 

That moving banner in my browser also says version 2.60, though I do have 2.6b running well.

Sorry that we forgot about the "silent thingy", where the silent guid is stored.  There is a topic on that here somewhere.

You could try to host a local server and see how it plays when not connected to the Internet.  I did that but could not get the lagometer to show, though you should be able to feel the lag you describe.  This is just to make sure the problem is not how ET plays on your system.  

Check the FA etkey tutorial,  http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/ just to make sure that "Note: On some installations of Windows 7, you may also need to copy your new ETKey file to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\"is not trued for you, though I don't see how that could be the problem.

1.  Did you just upgrade to win7?

2.  Was ET 2.55 running ok and you only had problems when you tried to update to 2.6b?

3.  You may need to check the firewall settings, because it probably detects the various versions of ET.exe.

4.  I wonder if a background program or process is using cpu cycles or network resources.

well before the update i had little probs with the ping but not fps, then i updated and had no probs with ping but fps. Then i downloaded the gane patched and ive both. As to ur wuestions, no ive win7 from beginong. Ill check the rest next time on pc

The ping weirdly is back to 70/80 today when I went to play for a bit, unfortunately most of the time my fps drops to 45 and stays there not knowing why. I haven't had issue with fps before, it used to stay at 90 maybe drop to 75 sometimes and when there was explosions etc, it dropped max to 60.. But now, everytime there is a person it drops to 45 which is frustrating.. Eh..