Problem with my Guid.

#ApeGoD
Go to solution Solved by Vanaraud,

Hey,

Im in this weird situation where I don't have my guid.. I tried to join beginners today unfortunately I couldn't because i ahve no guid which is weird as I had one before.. I don't know what happend but one day I think i did "/condump myguid.txt" second time because the first time was to update my profile. Since that day I think I have no guid whatsoever.. I remember few times i wanted to join some other server but I just thought its some kind of bug and ignored it but now i did "pb_myguid" and it says ive no CDKEY or something like that.. Also, i remember that after doing "/condump myguid.txt" my configs reseted back to etconifg - like i've just installed the game for the first time it was weird as it happend twice. Im not pretty much sure what happend did someone else have this issue before?

From Chuckuns tut: "Note: On some installations of Windows 7, you may also need to copy your new ETKey file to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\"

Maybe its located in that destination? If not I´d try to avoid any ET starters and get new ETKEY, also update in your profile then.

And how would i get new etkay? And will this mean i wont have my xp?

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/ 

And yes, if your ETkey is gone you will lose your xp with it.

From Chuckuns tut: "Note: On some installations of Windows 7, you may also need to copy your new ETKey file to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\"

Maybe its located in that destination? If not I´d try to avoid any ET starters and get new ETKEY, also update in your profile then.

The problem is that i cant find the destination.. Not even "appData/Local"

Edit: found it altough my ET folder hasn't got "etmain" so no havent got it saved..}

I also found my really old ETkey, since.. emm 5 years ago when I moved from laptop onto my current pc its the same one i used but just without any current stuff i had on my ET..

Edited by #ApeGoD

• Solution

If its the same ETKEY just copy it to ETMAIN and enable PB, if its the same then you should have XP back but if you have changed ETKEY withing 5y and don´t remember it then yes you loose XP. Thoug I find it fun to have all the promotions again:) And if you are into it it takes half a map to max a class full.

Why it disappeared? Antivirus thought it was a threat? You used some starter to start the game and not ET.exe directly?

If its the same ETKEY just copy it to ETMAIN and enable PB, if its the same then you should have XP back but if you have changed ETKEY withing 5y and don´t remember it then yes you loose XP. Thoug I find it fun to have all the promotions again:) And if you are into it it takes half a map to max a class full.

Why it disappeared? Antivirus thought it was a threat? You used some starter to start the game and not ET.exe directly?

Yeah so I guess this is my problem. Recently I was bored and decided to mess around on my old clans server with a bot.. it's really weird as I've been in botting clans for years and was using the same thing for nearly 5 years and used it once and it messed my et around.. really weird but oh well.. Hope it's the same etkey though.. I also might try and update my ET to 2.60b heard it's better than 2.55 :P . I agree with you its fun with the promotions but I'd like to join the clan in future and on one of your servers i have 18k xp wich is nearly half way and if it'll be gone then I have to start all over again which with my spare time will be tough, anyways thanks! :)

same problem here, i put my (new) etkey in the etmain folder

I also enabled pb still its kicking me for duplicate guid...

also tried this but couldn't find the appdata or anything like that..

ps i'm using windows 8.1

Google