Anyone restoring an old car?

spidermonkey

• 1 month later...

68 chevelle.... awesomesauce!!!  I'd love to rebuild a 68 Camaro.  I had one when I was 17 and didn't even know what the hell it was... bought for $1500 dollars and sold it for $4000 in 1988.  Thought I was making a profit >: /

My brother is in the process of restoring "our" '69 Chevelle. I say "our" because when I was 15, he had it in mothballs with a partial conversion to a drag car and I worked on it for 2 years to bring it back to street condition. When I make it back home, we both work on it, but he is doing most of it on his own and sends me pics from time to time. Should be ready for paint in the next year.

I restored 3 Cadillac Eldorados.  73, 75, 76.   I would love to have that '76 back.

I worked with a couple of other guys here in town and we did a '56 Victoria Ford, '40 Chevy, and a '66 Mustang Fastback.

The '40 Chevy was by far the hardest work.  A lot of sheet metal work.  I was mostly the engine and drive train guy.

I restored a 1973 Harley XLCH back in the '80's.  Waste of time.  Thing road like a tank and went like a VW bug. POS.

• Like 1

I restored 3 Cadillac Eldorados.  73, 75, 76.   I would love to have that '76 back.

I worked with a couple of other guys here in town and we did a '56 Victoria Ford, '40 Chevy, and a '66 Mustang Fastback.

The '40 Chevy was by far the hardest work.  A lot of sheet metal work.  I was mostly the engine and drive train guy.

I restored a 1973 Harley XLCH back in the '80's.  Waste of time.  Thing road like a tank and went like a VW bug. POS.

Any pictures of the '66 fastback?