Teamspeak and friends

ZeZombie

Hey, is there any people on F|A Teamspeak who want to practice French (native or non-native) with me on some days throughout the week? I need the speaking practice. I come from western Canada so everyone speaks English here, but I like to greatly improve my French speaking ability. 

My in-game name is Ben (all in white). I play at silent1.clan-fa.com and hardcore.clan-fa.com most of the time. I really enjoy playing Enemy Territory and it's pretty much the only game I play. Some of my good buddies are OllyMoondust, F|A Stryder, [Tetsu], zas1060, F|A Fed, Sumiko, Eclipse, First, absoluto and many freakin more (what can I say? people like v-sayers! :P). 

Thx. 

P.S. My X and Steam:

X: http://www.xfire.com/profile/benblue20

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfyet/

TibYDUn.jpg

Edited by Ben22

I may randomly decide to join TS of an evening. The only problem I have is I'm limited to only coming on during the evening, due to having family background noises during the day :)

Hey, is there any people on F|A Teamspeak who want to practice French (native or non-native) with me on some days throughout the week? I need the speaking practice.

English only  !! ;)

I can help you if you want.

and in the end you are the one getting trolled :P

man u beat me to it :(

I may randomly decide to join TS of an evening. The only problem I have is I'm limited to only coming on during the evening, due to having family background noises during the day :)

*cough*push-to-talk*cough* :DD

• Like 1

I'd spend more time not pushing :P and it's already set up for that because the missus has a habit of saying the most inappropriate things at the most awkward of times :D

• Like 2

I glad somebody finally posted something like this. It has always been a goal of mine to get more into TS. It makes gaming that much more fun when you can talk to those you game with. You get to know people so much better than just chatting in game. It also helps with learning to admin and admining the server. 

• Like 4

So, for the first time, completely on a whim, I decided to download Teamspeak and join the F|A server and I gotta say it was a blast!

I'd like to start off by saying that Ronaldo (aka Ronald McDonald) pretty much forced me into it

- ZeZombie (otherwise known as that guy that decided to get drunk his first time on Teamspeak)

If I didn't force you, you wouldn't have gotten on :D 

(and it was you who suggested getting drunk on TS  :P )

Back on topic though, I couldn't have said it any better myself! I thoroughly enjoyed my time on TS with you guys (something I haven't been able to do in a little while), and you can count on me being on more often! 

Better sharpen your blade Ze, because I'm not giving up on trying to knife you  B)

• Like 1

If I didn't force you, you wouldn't have gotten on :D

(and it was you who suggested getting drunk on TS  :P )

Back on topic though, I couldn't have said it any better myself! I thoroughly enjoyed my time on TS with you guys (something I haven't been able to do in a little while), and you can count on me being on more often! 

Better sharpen your blade Ze, because I'm not giving up on trying to knife you  B)

I wouldn't have for sure!

Same here. I'll definitely be on (provided the house doesn't sound like a nutter-box.)

You can try but it'll be a while  :noob

• Like 1

So, for the first time, completely on a whim, I decided to download Teamspeak and join the F|A server and I gotta say it was a blast!

I'd like to start off by saying that Ronaldo (aka Ronald McDonald) pretty much forced me into it, and while I was hesitant (honestly, who isn't worried their voice sounds worse than it actually is at first?) it was definitely worth it! Hanging out with Ken and Ron for what felt like an hour but was actually 2-3 hours was awesome! I don't think I would've wanted to spend my Sunday night any differently. I have so many pros and as far as I can think of only one con.

(In no specific order of importance)

Pros:

1) You get a little bit more personal with your fellow clan-mates/server friends;

This was something I've wanted to do for a while. I'd hate to be a member of the clan (community or F|Amily as I've seen it put) and just be an anonymous person behind text you see on the forums and in-game chat or xfire. It takes away what I wanted to join this 'clan' for. The community. I always saw all the F|A guys on Beginners Hardcore on CoD4 joking around and having a good time and I was instantly (this might sound weird) jealous. You guys are like a LAN without the LAN. It's constant jokes and good-times EVEN WHEN SOMEONE IS HACKING! So finally putting voices, accents, speech patterns etc. to the names was like you guys becoming people I've met in person and gotten along with.

2) Getting real-time reactions to the shenanigans that go on during a match;

Holy crap. Any time a bunch of us get together, chances are we're gonna get into knife wars and try to out-!owned each other. I've always seen the reactions like "dammit Ze!" and whatnot but hearing it come from another person and knowing that's exactly what they would've typed? Amazing. There really is no other way to describe it than feeling like you've made a connection with them.

3) Being able to ask personal questions;

It might sound like the same thing as #1, but it isn't. I swear! In the 2-3hrs that we were online shooting the breeze, I feel like our relationship (we're in a poly-amorous relationship now, guys! /kidding) went from 'online friends' to friends. These two random guys I met on the internet are now what I would consider my homies, my bros, my friends. I learnt so much about these 2 that I otherwise wouldn't have.

4) The jokes;

You know you've done it too, don't lie. We all like to joke about other players in-game and it's simply not possible using game-chat or even xfire. The expressions, emotions and overall feel of the joke just simply cannot be conveyed over text. Being able to laugh at jokes, or hearing a reaction to your joke has always been something I enjoyed. 'Lol', 'Hahahaha', 'Lmao', in my opinion, are not the same as hearing someone have a full on belly-laugh when you say something. It just can't be beat.

Cons:

1) You wanna know what the one con is? You'll be surprised, honestly;

The fact that it takes up extra bandwidth from your internet connection. Seriously. It might not be a big deal to you guys with Google Fibre or 25 Mbps download/upload speeds, but for me, on my measly 8 Mbps down/0.72 Mbps up connection, it hurts. I already deal with people streaming Netflix and YouTube videos while gaming most of the time so adding fuel to the fire is not something I do. I usually close all my programs that connect to the internet before I start gaming. This time though... This time it was worth it. I got some minor lag-spikes here and there, but it was decently consistent and allowed me to play and have 3 (?) matches of knife and pistol only fights with Ron and Ken, and damn they were fun!

Overall/Endnote/Summary:

If you're considering joining the TS server or if you want to 100% become a part of this community, do it. Chances are it won't be empty and if it is, I doubt you'll have a hard time finding other members to join in. I'd love to see many more of you guys (name-drop time: Vyder, Speed, Heretic, Google Maps, Smoke, Alex, Ace, DKM, Thundercats and Pepsi [these are the few that I could come up with in my current state of mind!]) join in at some point. It'd be great to become familiar with as much of you guys as possible! Even guys from other games/servers!

If you've made it this far thanks for reading my ramblings. If this is the wrong place, sorry, couldn't find/think of a better place for it. 

:drunk  :cheers

- ZeZombie (otherwise known as that guy that decided to get drunk his first time on Teamspeak)

It was excellent fun last night. 

Although your image of me was quiet wrong.

• Like 1

Your voice provided the image, dude. Don't blame me for describing what I heard!

What was it, a 34 year old man with a beard and scrawny? 

Well at least the age is a compliment I think. 

• Like 1