I can't make this up!!!!!!!!

Thundercats

Uuuh your argument is invalid. He's lucky that the guy hadn't a firearm, because in this case I don't think you could have said "citizens with guns actually deter crime" and it could have ended in a bloodbath. Moreover such situations also occur in countries where firearm aren't legal, it doesn't make those countries more "harmful" or sth or our families less protected. But I'm not here to start a debate about that, and I guess thundercat did the only thing he could do in this case :)

Just stating my opinion on the OP's post.  I have no opinon on whether other countries are more or less safe because of laws concerning gun ownership and the like.  I don't agree with you that my opinion is invalid just like I wouldn't call your opinion invalid.  Opinions have a lot to do with personal experiences and beliefs.  I am a proud citizen of the United States as well as a law abiding, well armed citizen of the Great State of Tennessee.

Just stating my opinion on the OP's post.  I have no opinon on whether other countries are more or less safe because of laws concerning gun ownership and the like.  I don't agree with you that my opinion is invalid just like I wouldn't call your opinion invalid.  Opinions have a lot to do with personal experiences and beliefs.  I am a proud citizen of the United States as well as a law abiding, well armed citizen of the Great State of Tennessee.

Patriotism is strong here :) Me thinking your argument is invalid doesn't make it invalid since it's my opinion. Or you thinking that my opinion about your opinion isn't right would make it invalid as well? Your argument is invalid is like "I don't agree with you" if you prefer, I agree I could've chosen my words better but what you typed seemed so...unrealistic...to me that I couldn't use "imo" or sth similar.

Patriotism is strong here :) Me thinking your argument is invalid doesn't make it invalid since it's my opinion. Or you thinking that my opinion about your opinion isn't right would make it invalid as well? Your argument is invalid is like "I don't agree with you" if you prefer, I agree I could've chosen my words better but what you typed seemed so...unrealistic...to me that I couldn't use "imo" or sth similar.

I agree with you completely on both points.  I didn't take offense and I hope that you didn't either.  I enjoy back and forth on issues and opinions, it makes the day interesting.

• Like 1

Okay I'm not knocking you or the Marines, but being a Marine does not make you wise and clam in the heat of the moment. That's you being you. You handled the situation appropriately, because you are an individual who respects those values. I guess what I am getting at here is being a Marine does not nor should not justify your actions.

• Like 2

Okay I'm not knocking you or the Marines, but being a Marine does not make you wise and clam in the heat of the moment. That's you being you. You handled the situation appropriately, because you are an individual who respects those values. I guess what I am getting at here is being a Marine does not nor should not justify your actions.

What you're saying does have some merit, but personally I trust an ex-marine who "served 6 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan" a lot more than I trust a wannabe vigilante. Regardless of thundercat's extensive service,  I imagine any marine has had better training than your average gun-owning/carrying citizen. I don't like mentioning the issue, but George Zimmerman. I doubt he was calm and collected during the incident and in the timeframe leading up to it.

What you're saying does have some merit, but personally I trust an ex-marine who "served 6 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan" a lot more than I trust a wannabe vigilante. Regardless of thundercat's extensive service,  I imagine any marine has had better training than your average gun-owning/carrying citizen. I don't like mentioning the issue, but George Zimmerman. I doubt he was calm and collected during the incident and in the timeframe leading up to it.

Yes, and I am not arguing trust here. I am arguing that one's personality and logic traits don't change by joining the military or branch of any military service. I most certainly would trust him over a vigilante. To me this is arguing that because I was in the military I automatically am more qualified and just to protect myself with a weapon then say the average person. You may be more trained in the use of the weapon, but what you deem appropriate and reasonable is a personal decision based off your personality and common sense. Not something that you automatically gained from the military. Its psychology; fight or flight.

Yes, and I am not arguing trust here. I am arguing that one's personality and logic traits don't change by joining the military or branch of any military service. I most certainly would trust him over a vigilante. To me this is arguing that because I was in the military I automatically am more qualified and just to protect myself with a weapon then say the average person. You may be more trained in the use of the weapon, but what you deem appropriate and reasonable is a personal decision based off your personality and common sense. Not something that you automatically gained from the military. Its psychology; fight or flight.

Fair enough. However I don't believe thundercat ever suggested that being a marine makes you better prepared or even conditioned for such a situation.  He states on the first page of this topic," I have learned being a Marine that many people can pull a gun but can't use." That's the closest thing he said that can be related to your argument.

I respect your opinion and I acknowledge TC's levelheaded approach to the aggressor, but having reviewed his comments I don't see him having made any statement.  I'll admit I'm going overboard with this and it is possible you were making that statement not in regards to anything he said, but just in general. Also I have no idea why the font changed after I inserted the quote....

EDIT: ok the font only changed in the preview section. I don't understand computers lol

Edited by melgibson

Fair enough. However I don't believe thundercat ever suggested that being a marine makes you better prepared or even conditioned for such a situation.  He states on the first page of this topic," I have learned being a Marine that many people can pull a gun but can't use." That's the closest thing he said that can be related to your argument.

I respect your opinion and I acknowledge TC's levelheaded approach to the aggressor, but having reviewed his comments I don't see him having made any statement.  I'll admit I'm going overboard with this and it is possible you were making that statement not in regards to anything he said, but just in general. Also I have no idea why the font changed after I inserted the quote....

EDIT: ok the font only changed in the preview section. I don't understand computers lol

It was in general, but there were parts where he mentioned "I could take him down" or something along those lines. Trust me, if someone wanted someone down, they could do it. Anyway this stuff is getting way out of proportion.

Thanks for the chat. :)

jajajajajajajajajaja happen 2 me a lot off times.. one time i let my dog go and do it for me lol and did the same shiit u saying he did in ur case that was funny 

Colt-M45A1-CQBP-Marine-Pistol_001.jpg

This is my piece 

u have more pic of this beauty 

:blink: cant believe he called you a cat though...

ajjajaajajjjaaja

Uuuh your argument is invalid. He's lucky that the guy hadn't a firearm, because in this case I don't think you could have said "citizens with guns actually deter crime" and it could have ended in a bloodbath. Moreover such situations also occur in countries where firearm aren't legal, it doesn't make those countries more "harmful" or sth or our families less protected. But I'm not here to start a debate about that, and I guess thundercat did the only thing he could do in this case :)

:/

If to ppl draw guns on each other there isn't going to be a shoot out like the wild west.

If this guy was about to beat the shit out of him with a bat, who could say if he wouldn't have been able to shoot at thundercat if he would have owned a firearm? Or thundercat could have felt threatened  and would have shot at him to protect himself? You don't know what's wrong with such people, fact is they're harmful so yeah it could have ended way worse if both would have owned a firearm. 

If this guy was about to beat the shit out of him with a bat, who could say if he wouldn't have been able to shoot at thundercat if he would have owned a firearm? Or thundercat could have felt threatened  and would have shot at him to protect himself? You don't know what's wrong with such people, fact is they're harmful so yeah it could have ended way worse if both would have owned a firearm.

Well I beg to differ, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1