I can't make this up!!!!!!!!

Thundercats

Nicely done Thundercats, could have ended badly otherwise.

@heretic

In the Netherlands you can own a gun if you are 18 :), most people dont even know this...

You just have to be a member of a shooting range and go there 16 or 18 times a year and have a permission from the local police force.

*editsydoodle*

For example, you can legally own a Haenel RS-8 bolt action sniper rifle platform (.308) in the Netherlands

This is why I own guns myself. Never had to use one, and hope I don't have to. If I do, I'm ready to defend myself. 'Murica!

Your retort is invalid.

Now had this guy pulled a gun out instead of a bat, and Thunder didn't have his gun, which is what you prefer, then we would have another memorial for a lost Clan member.

If the guy pulls a gun, and Thunder has his gun to defend himself, at least he stands a chance.

Of course you have to own a gun yourself and be ready to use it if every drunk jerk can walk in the store and buy a happy meal with an assault rifle and 3 grenades included :D

Ok, I can see that this is somehow part of the american culture and you get grown into that convention. For me, I never felt the urge to buy a gun to defend myself against some moron who may pull a gun in some honky tonk fight over a spilled beer and such, or some ridiculous traffic situation which thundercats described here. Simply because it's very very unlikely that any civil person has a gun. Of course I got im some fights myself in wild times, but I could be sure in all of them that the most damage I would take is some headache and a black eye on the next day or a lost tooth in the worst case. I can be sure in 99.9% of similar situations that I won't be shot in the face, that because it's not that easy to buy armed weapons here and no daily pastime. Personally, that makes me feel more safe than having the urge to carry a gun with me all the time, because you never know when you may end up in a shootout. This is simply no part of everyday conciousness here and no one even talks about that. Having to calculate with the possibility to get a gun pointed at me in trivial "everyday conflicts" is just crazy in my eyes.

If someone feels the need to be ready for self defense every minute on the streets (for whatever reason) there are hundreds of other effective ways and weapons which can put someone out of action in no time.

My opinion.

Why are people getting so worked up about this? His being was endangered and he acted within his rights to defend himself! Whether or not you agree with the laws is irrelevant. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the story Thunder, you handled the situation very well! 

Interesting point. However, I served 6 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and went on missions throughout the world. I am pretty damn sure I pissed off a lot of people in the process. That being said there is a reason why i own over 100 guns, have 8 dobermans and a kick ass alarm/surveillance system. I want to protect me and my wife and nine kids. So yes i feel like i need to carry a gun at all times. 

2nd-Amendment-400x400.gif

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with people owning, carrying, using guns for self defense. I would not choose to own a gun, because it's too easy to pull out and threaten others with. As well, if I have no means of deadly force, likely I am not a threat to use deadly force against.

Having said that, I applauded Thundercat for not only his big brass balls, but for calm, confident assertion.

If it had been me and a dude pulled out a bat, I would meet him head on, protect my upper body with my forearms, take the shot elsewhere if necessary, then promptly proceed to dismantling his head from his body.

This is why I own guns myself. Never had to use one, and hope I don't have to. If I do, I'm ready to defend myself. 'Murica!

Your retort is invalid.

Now had this guy pulled a gun out instead of a bat, and Thunder didn't have his gun, which is what you prefer, then we would have another memorial for a lost Clan member.

If the guy pulls a gun, and Thunder has his gun to defend himself, at least he stands a chance. 

Uuuh your argument is invalid. He's lucky that the guy hadn't a firearm, because in this case I don't think you could have said "citizens with guns actually deter crime" and it could have ended in a bloodbath. Moreover such situations also occur in countries where firearm aren't legal, it doesn't make those countries more "harmful" or sth or our families less protected. But I'm not here to start a debate about that, and I guess thundercat did the only thing he could do in this case :)

I think the point Kat0n was getting at was that the guy is less likely to have a gun, if guns aren't legal.

Considering I've lived in the UK for the entirety of my life, I can't imagine the average Joe getting one. Therefore, the idea of legally holding a gun is an insane one to me. I can, in essence, see your point of view but it's incredibly different to mine and as such very hard to understand.

This :) Won't go further, as I said I'm not here to debate and explaining to a pro gun why you think guns are harmful and don't make their country safer is almost as difficult as explaining to a christian why you think god doesn't exist. Vice versa. 

• Like 3

Maybe if our president wasn't such a douche cutting the military and doing all the other crap he does i wouldn't have to defend myself

...Yea I don't think military spending would have changed the fact that some crazy guy pulled a bat on you. Regardless,you used your second amendment properly. He'll think twice about trying to take on some guy next time.

It should be noted that in the current budget, the military gets over half of the discretionary budget (they received 653 billion dollars in 2013, approximately 56% of the total discretionary spending). I'm not saying we should stop supporting the military, but it's hard to argue that they are being cut off.

I think the point Kat0n was getting at was that the guy is less likely to have a gun, if guns aren't legal.

Considering I've lived in the UK for the entirety of my life, I can't imagine the average Joe getting one. Therefore, the idea of legally holding a gun is an insane one to me. I can, in essence, see your point of view but it's incredibly different to mine and as such very hard to understand.

What you're saying there goes for me to. I live in the Netherlands, where carrying a weapon is not forbidden aswell.

It's just very, very hard to imagine that people carry guns if you're used to the fact that they're not allowed here.

I've just read Owned's post, he might be right.

Edited by KevX4