=F|A= Old Farts

Thor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost forgot about the 80's. I can remember back in grade school having to do air raid drills and everyone getting beneath their desk and covering their heads. We even had an air raid siren in our town and you could hear it go off for miles when the town would do training drills for air raids. I haven't heard that thing used for the better part of 15 years or more now, actually kinda miss hearing it in a strange way. The reason for the air raid siren is because our town is very close to some strategic facilities. We have Holston Armory that manufactures and store weapons and ammunition for the military and we also have a Nuclear facility near by that is the only place in the US that is allowed to handle and recycle nuclear waste.

Because hiding under a desk is going to do a shitload to protect you from a nuke.

I also feel real young here, being 16 years of age :blink:

Haven't seen him in several months now, but I remember =F|A=. or (dotman). lol. He was hilarious... Like 51 or 53 year old Australian... had an Asian wife he wanted to lease out for sexual favors. HAHA!!!

I just turned 21 recently, myself... not looking forward to graduating college and actually having to sustain my own living soon. lol.

I guess I'd qualify as "Old" since I'm in the same age range as Medic.

I don't feel old until the day after I've overshot a 40ft table jump in the snowboard park and land nearly flat. Then...I feel old, or at least my knees do.

Im also 41 yrs old but if you date 2 20 year olds they sure make you feel young again lol i have been gamming since pong and also remember the air raid drills in school. I have 3 kids oldest being 8 and shes been playing et since she was 3 and if you look at my k/d ratio it shows lol i have been playing since the beginning and have been in many clans as well as owning my own

• 2 months later...

*Evil* has at least three members in their 50s and an ex-member that is still active that I believe turned 60 recently, most of them have been with us since the clan started back in RTCW. We have a father/adult son pair and a father/adult daughter pair, although the latter is no longer active. We have enough parents that we used to clear out the server on Saturday mornings so the young kids could play. The bulk of our 66 member roster is in their mid 20's or older. Next month I think the last of our high schoolers will have graduated. I think it says a lot about our culture that parents can enjoy the same activities that their kids do.