Besides gaming what other kind of forums you have been active on?

daredevil

• Administrators

...just cause im curious...how much does it cost to run the other forum?

that being said a gaming version of google.

We run it on dedicated server so I can add it ... 12$/year appx domain price. Hosting would be free for us since we will host it on our dedicated server itself. 

My concern is .. I don't want to work for another empty forum.. if members are not going to use it or it's going to be waist of my time... like RPG ended up. I have xenforo license.. which I plan to sold and use that money for our server hosting charges... I could add phpBB3 forums and that would be free.

• Like 1

I would prefer to see a forum where we could be reviewing stuff.. It could phones, computers, cars, etc. Just reviews about anything and everything where the users will be allowed to post the reviews. Those are the kind of forums which see the maximum activity. Also if we come up with such a forum then we would need a simple, intuitive layout which will be easy to understand for a novice. :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

I would prefer to see a forum where we could be reviewing stuff.. It could phones, computers, cars, etc. Just reviews about anything and everything where the users will be allowed to post the reviews. Those are the kind of forums which see the maximum activity. Also if we come up with such a forum then we would need a simple, intuitive layout which will be easy to understand for a novice. :)

Well our current members hardly review anything in the blogs or forums.. So that is not gonna happen anytime soon in future either. If I see like 50 reviews in a month it makes sense to open up dedicated forums for it.

• Like 1

Well our current members hardly review anything in the blogs or forums.. So that is not gonna happen anytime soon in future either. If I see like 50 reviews in a month it makes sense to open up dedicated forums for it.

I think they are just shy, I wouldn't really take it too harsh or bad when they don't use some features. of course it's bad for you because you are paying for it, But I think members who do use the blogs and other things like this, should promote it, for example say hey come read my blog and tell me what you think! or simply saying: you should start using the blogs they are fun!

It's never too late for members to help out, and not just the server, but with making people feel welcome, and comfortable, people can break out of their shy shells on their own, but it's so much easier when members can communicate  to each other or regulars or visitors if you know what I mean.

It's the same with teamspeak, people just don't connect there on their own, they need some encouragement, that's why the COD4 guys got like 10 or 15 people in their channel almost everyday, they are making people feel welcome.

In my opinion people, not only members but regulars like myself should try to promote some features that don't get used so often, then who knows maybe you  get way too many people using the feature like how the complaint section gets used ;)

Edited by ecLipse~

AudiForums.com / Audizine.com are the forums I go on. I am not really active on it, but I go on every once in a while. 

Cars. =)
I am rebuilding a lambo

Really?!?! What model/year? I didn't see any thread in the gamer's garage section, put up pics! 

It's the same with teamspeak, people just don't connect there on their own, they need some encouragement, that's why the COD4 guys got like 10 or 15 people in their channel almost everyday, they are making people feel welcome.

actually i just like hearing souls broken mic and trollin the channels B)

• Like 2

AudiForums.com / Audizine.com are the forums I go on. I am not really active on it, but I go on every once in a while. 

Really?!?! What model/year? I didn't see any thread in the gamer's garage section, put up pics!

I bought a crashed 08 lambo and I am going to make it to a lamborghini reventon.

I didn't know there was a thread for it. Lol. I hardly get I the forum. When I have free time I be playing cod4 lol

I'll post pics in another thread. In the "introduce your self " thread

I bought a crashed 08 lambo and I am going to make it to a lamborghini reventon.

I didn't know there was a thread for it. Lol. I hardly get I the forum. When I have free time I be playing cod4 lol

08' what? Gallardo? Murcielago? I would assume the latter for a Pseudo-Reventon. Sounds awesome! 

We have a section called GAMERS GARAGE just for all your pics about cars, motorcycles etc...

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/53-gamers-garage/

And I know a ton of people here would love to watch your progress rebuilding a Lamborghini! Myself included.

Edited by Antichrist

We have a section called GAMERS GARAGE just for all your pics about cars, motorcycles etc...

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/53-gamers-garage/

And I know a ton of people here would love to watch your progress rebuilding a Lamborghini! Myself included.

+1. I'd love to sit in a Lambo wrecked or not! Be interesting to see costs and pictures!

cost it would be like in the 80k. most of the parts i am getting little by little tru ebay.. lol. use parts but good price.. i dont have a lot of money so this would be the poor man's lambo build.. lol. 

i dont have many pics and right now its all ugly and gutted. lol.. ill post pics when its somewhere decent looking

I used to be heavily involved in Bioware's mass effect 3 multiplayer forums (bloodpack for life) and now I spend a good deal of time on the bf3 forums, even if nearly all of the threads are dead.

Cars. =)

I am rebuilding a lambo

how exactly can someone rebuild a car worth over a million dollars?

if that is not the case, what are you rebuilding? lambos are my thing, i actually have a guy in dartmouth or (i forget) some city in mississippi 

if you need a parts guy i really have a guy for you, unless you like paying high5s for parts.

my old boss was one of the builders of the veneno, he spent less than half a mill on it (although no records will show that hahahahahahahahahahaha)