yellow flash

Et wont go fullscreen

Question

So finally i had some time to play et and for some reason my et wont go to full screen. well technically it is full screen but it doesn't fill the screen its like windowed mode. 

35cpwex.png

I did try /set r_mode's and /set r_fullscreen 1.

If i put it windowed mode its basically same but with borders and full screen mode is like in picture.

What has changed since i last time played et?

-Got second screen. - cant be that i tried with second screen unplugged

-Got new power supply. - Shouldn't have any impact ofc.

-Updated my nvidia drivers to 332.21. - Could be this but can't figure why.

Anyone faced this problem before, or got some idea what could cause this and how to fix.

15 answers to this question

Have you tried alt+enter?

try this:

seta r_customheight "900"
seta r_customwidth "1440"
vid_restart

Pretty sure some nvidia setting, there is a setting for opengl multi/single display mode in 3D settings and also a separate tab to configure multiple displays...

Pretty sure some nvidia setting, there is a setting for opengl multi/single display mode in 3D settings and also a separate tab to configure multiple displays...

tried with those no effect

Pretty sure it's your update of Nvidia drivers.

Try to  remove it.

I had the same problem in the past.

Regards.

Don't know if helps, but did you try: ALT+Enter?

try to lower your r_displayrefresh (when i set it up to 100 i hav a little ET window on screen...)

escape options system there also stand option for fullscreen as Joedirt mentioned.
or indeed issue with you video card since I see multible screens unless its your setting ofcourse.

-try \r_customaspect on 1, if you use a custom reso make sure to set the /r_mode on -1 and to do a vid_restart to make the changes effective.

-that your graphic card supports the custom resolution setted in game like listed below for me:

post-7251-0-60674500-1392896502_thumb.png

-and that in the panel of settings nvidia, "replace the scale mode of the games" box is unchecked, and "ratio width/height" box is checked:

post-7251-0-27213500-1392897217_thumb.png

edit: I don't think there's any prob with latest nvidia driver update. Mine is updated and there's nothing wrong. You had maybe deleted the previous settings/profile in checking the box like asked during the update ("new install"). So for my part, it comes from nvidia or game settings and not the driver itself.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

tried all above none works /r_mode -1 made it wider but still not filling whole screen

What do you use as width and height? Some ratio give this kind of aspect (not fully adapted/resized at the screen). Try to pick them in the list like I showed you above or one commonly used/listed on ET.

tried all above none works /r_mode -1 made it wider but still not filling whole screen

try experimenting maybe starting with r_mode 8?

Works now i finally got my new motherboard so i re installed et and updated all drivers so works now fine. Thanks for help all