Small Spelling Error (Automated Consol Message)

CruelKind

It's really nothing important, just little things I notice and can't get out of my head.

When a person is kicked for too many warnings by admin, it reads (paraphrase) "To many warnings from Admin"

To = Too

Those banners were written by someone whose first language is not english, so cut it some slack. You know what it's trying to say, it's not so incomprehensible that your brain won't automatically figure it out. It has nothing to do with a lack of basic writing skills.

Also, it's "Console". Sorry, but that's been driving me nuts.

And the !Bye commands says "surely we meet again"...

I've brought these up before, It was meet met with sarcasm about grammar on the internet.

Basic writing skills shouldn't be abandoned online. And  Every other word is spelled right correctly, so why not that one too?  But, it certainly wont keep me up at nights night.

If it bugs people that much and if Dare has no f***s to give about it, I could go in and fix them. But I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal.

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

Those banners were written by someone whose first language is not english, so cut it some slack. You know what it's trying to say, it's not so incomprehensible that your brain won't automatically figure it out. It has nothing to do with a lack of basic writing skills.

Also, it's "Console" sorry but that's been driving me nuts.

If it bugs people that much, if Dare has no f***s to give about it, I could go in and fix them, but I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal.

There's a difference in fretting over a persons post and an official message on the servers. If you take a look at anything I do for personal reasons you'll find all manner of errors, but anything I do professionally will be spot on. So, you choose how you represent yourself and FA chooses how to represent FA. Unless your moto in life is "If it's broke, don't fix it".

And recall I said it's no big deal in my first post.. so your irritation with me is surprising. (I know old school rules claim you can't start a sentence with a conjunction, but that's total BS and great writers have been ignoring that rule for years. And & But are perfectly acceptable words to begin a sentence with.)

Absolutely nothing against ESL either. All the more reason to not take offense if an error is pointed out.

• Like 1